oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (A) 3-0

Love the poem midlands!

Really would be good to win and keep up with the top two. Our away form over the last 6 games is better than their home form as well (we've got 13 points to their 8) so it should be doable!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Id start this team...

Dimi

Freddy

Omeruo

Gibson

Friend

Whitehead

Clayton

Bamford

Tomlin

Adomah

Vossen

But of a controversial line up there. Kike dropped after scoring at the weekend, Ayala dropped after having by far his best form during his time here, and no leadbitter? I can only assume he's not in because you think he's still banned?

Id start this team...

Dimi

Freddy

Omeruo

Gibson

Friend

Whitehead

Clayton

Bamford

Tomlin

Adomah

Vossen

But of a controversial line up there. Kike dropped after scoring at the weekend, Ayala dropped after having by far his best form during his time here, and no leadbitter? I can only assume he's not in because you think he's still banned?

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I thought kike was wasteful at the weekend although took his goal well. Ayala / omereu could have gone for either. Clayton and whitehead have been playing well together, leadbitter would be a great option off the bench.

I have a feeling that we could see something like this

-------------Dimi---------------

Freddy--Omeruo--Ayala--Friend

-----Leadbitter----Clayton-------

Bamford---Vossen---Adomah----

--------------Kike-----------------

I know that's a pretty attacking team for an away day but this is the logic I am trying to apply to this one to justify my gut feeling.

I didn't see the game on the weekend so I cant comment too much but from all accounts Bamford had his best game, with his loan up for renewal soon I feel Karanka will be starting him more often than not to determine if he wants to keep him and also to keep Bamford happy.

The rest of the team pretty much picks itself, apart from Vossen for Tomlin. This decision is based on me wanting to see more of Vossen and I feel he is due a goal or two.

Would this be a statement of intent from Karanka to throw down that team.

I understand why people say Kike is wasteful at times but you've got to remember that he has just arrived this season, where he has adapted well so far. When Kike gets the ball in the area, yes he is prone to making the wrong decision or a poor finish but to compare him to other Championship strikers, his close control is immensely better and very rarely does he struggle with his first touch, especially in the way the use to bounce back off the likes of Juke and Ishmael Miller did regularly. So at least he is getting into them dangerous positions, even if he does get things wrong at times. His movement in particular, is by far the best we've had since relegation, probably a few seasons before then also. In time he will be recognised as one of the top strikers outside of the Premier League.

He is wasteful which is so annoying to see at times, this was summed up by him shooting from about 45 yards in stoppage time on Saturday. He has so much to his game though, best striker we have had in years, his touch and control is fantastic. He will take his chances too I think

Would line up like this

---------------Dimi-----------------

Freddy---Ayala--Gibson---Friend

--------Clayton--Leadbitter--------

Adomah-----Vossen-----Reach

---------------Kike-------------------

Omerou is our best defender but Ayala and Gibson is definatly the best partnership at CB we have. Harsh to drop tomlin and I dont think Karanka will (Im just desperate for Vossen to play and do well) Harsh to leave Bamford out but Reach is a better fit away from home, Whitehead did well on sat but Leadbitter needs to play when he can.

2-0 Boro Vossen, Kike

I know that's a pretty attacking team for an away day but this is the logic I am trying to apply to this one to justify my gut feeling.

I didn't see the game on the weekend so I cant comment too much but from all accounts Bamford had his best game, with his loan up for renewal soon I feel Karanka will be starting him more often than not to determine if he wants to keep him and also to keep Bamford happy.

The rest of the team pretty much picks itself, apart from Vossen for Tomlin. This decision is based on me wanting to see more of Vossen and I feel he is due a goal or two.

Thats the team i'd play

Thats the team i'd play

It's the best starting XI, on paper, in the league IMO.

I'd love to see it happen! I do think it depends heavily on the fact that Karanka sees the need for change or if he decides to stick with current away day setup which has been largely successful.

I like the look of the team but I'm not convinced about Adomah at LW and Bamford done ok on Saturday but that's not his position, his end product(which we're yet to see the best of) there would be vey useful though. Vossen hasn't hit form yet either so I don't see I won't get too carried away just yet, at least not until them attackers start to find their form. But yes on paper it looks good with big names, all capable of getting goals. Not always a proven recipe for success though.

One thing that was apparent from Saturday was that Karanka was tinkering around with things a bit. Especially when Reach came on he played RW, with Adomah LW, which is the first time this season he has done that. After his honest words after the Wolves game about he made mistakes, it seems that he wants to try different options on the wings.