oneBoro Forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Southampton stormed through the early and mid-parts of the season but stumbled over the line, even Reading overtook them I think.

Southampton were a promoted side, not relegated. Unless I'm missing the point?

You guys obviously know Gary O'Neil better than I do, but I'm not too concerned because we've got Bradley Johnson and Alex Tettey who play a similar type of role to him anyway.

funny how teams who get relegated say they should walk this league with the squads they have. some norwich fans have said it. blackburn, cardiff, fulham, wigan, wolves and reading to name a few have all said it(i browse opp's forums). the only teams to walk this division were leicester last season since we went down in 2009. west ham, the geordies etc have all gone back up but not convincingly. lots of 1 goal margins in their wins.

what fans seem to forget this league is tough and their team needs to be well balanced and organised. with the quality in the team to get 3 points in all the close games on a consistent basis.

from seeing all the teams get relegated over the years the only reason they get relegated is because they dont have the balance and consistency in the team to stay up. usually lack the bottle for the fight to.(like us under gate)

i dont fear the prem teams coming down. i believe that the bottom of the prem is weaker than the top of the championship. burnley would have struggled in this league this season if they never went up. when you sign the juke as cover thats what they deserved, they will be straight back down. if we were to get promoted this season i wouldnt be afraid of the league. with only a couple of signings we would be more than strong enough to hold our own in the premier league imo. this current team is better than the team that went down by miles. minus some individual talent. but as we are finding out a good team is more than the sum of its parts. just imagine who AK will sign if we do get promoted. i bet we'd get some very good players.

Didn't Newcastle go up with more than 100 points?

newcastle got alot of points, but they never walked it. look back at their results. most games they won were by the odd goal. they had to work hard to go up. that was my point. Leicester seem to be the only team i remember winning games quite easy throughout the season. not doing to good now though are they. although i think they will end the season safe.

good luck to norwich, canary, i like your club and the fans have always been decent and respectful. quite knowledgeable to, you've seen alot as a club through the years bit like us. i was loving it all them years ago when you were playing bayern munich in europe. the jeremy goss? goal was legendary.

here it is!

I fail to see how getting 102 points is not stomping the league. Don't really care if it's 1-0 or 2-1. According to the table I'm looking at they scored 95 goals and conceded 35 - GD 55.

Leicester got 102 points and had GD of 40.

Newcastle scored more and conceded less.

But hey, they didn't impress Newcastle, did they.

All that aside, it was merely a small comment to your otherwise great post.

Newcastle ran riot in this league. They had the best players, the best work rate and the best spirit. They could grind out a result against anyone. That Newcaatle team should be the template for Championship teams wanting to suceed in this league.

Not sure about that humpty, not many teams can afford to take the risk they did by maintaining a large wage bill and bringing in even more players. It worked out very well for them, but if it goes wrong it could destroy a club, so i wouldn't say its the best idea for most clubs to follow.

Although i get what you mean from a pure on the pitch perspective

I fail to see how getting 102 points is not stomping the league. Don't really care if it's 1-0 or 2-1. According to the table I'm looking at they scored 95 goals and conceded 35 - GD 55.

Leicester got 102 points and had GD of 40.

Newcastle scored more and conceded less.

But hey, they didn't impress Newcastle, did they.

All that aside, it was merely a small comment to your otherwise great post.

maybe i overlooked how well the barcodes did because its them lol.

Never never never accept the barcodes or the mackems are doing well......they will be always lucky at best

very good :D

On other matters, I notice on the clips of the game that Friend did not appeal for a penalty, so maybe he did not think he was clipped

Secondly, does anyone know what's going on with Leadbitter? Isn't he out of contract shortly?

Looking forward to the game on Saturday - let's hope we finally take the chance and don't bottle it.

Re Leadbitter. AVs blog says

**AV writes: My understanding is that there have been preliminary talks and both sides are agreeable but there will need to be some haggling. His agent would naturally prefer to leave it until we know what division we will be in so as to strengthen his hand. The club would prefer to get it agreed before January when the Countdown clock music begins.**

Contract finishes next summer. He let his last contract at Ipswich run down didn't he? That's why we got him on a free, so agent is maybe encouraging him to do same. if he continues his form and had been on a long term contract then any club wanting him next summer would have to shell out a few million. With no contract his agent could expect to get a big sum as signing on fee, hence why no agreement yet maybe. The one point in Boros favour is effect any injury could have. No doubt they will be using Matty Bates as an example of what can happen if you let your contract run down.

Seems to me best solution would be a new contract with a huge promotion bonus. If we go up we can afford it and it would increase the incentive for him, though I don't think he's the type that needs that!

Which Prem Club would come in for Grant? He isn't the most fashionable player around and I doubt he is the one catching Prem managers eyes. And also, would he want to uproot to move to another Club? There are some big questions to be asked and if he is happy in the North East I doubt he'll want to move to a new Club battling for relegation.

I hold no grudge against him if he want's to wait and see what happens. I have a sneaky feeling that he will be signing a contract in the forthcoming international break with a release clause to the prem should we fail to get promoted.