oneBoro Forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I always look forward to any Boro game but tonight seems just a bit different to me, there is a feeling that this game is so significant towards the grand scheme of things, I wish I could be there but certainly a trip to Boro on Saturday is well on the cards now for sure.

Is there anyone else really up for this game who are perhaps harbouring the same gut feeling as I am?

Or is this a vain attempt to gain more interest and posts to a MASSIVE game this evening???

Hello everyone, Norwich fan here, thought I'd drop by and say 'hello'.

I'm looking forward to the game tonight, although a little bit uneasy about how we'll get on. We haven't been playing very fluently of late so not sure how we'll do.

Of our defeats this season (Wolves, Charlton and Fulham) the latter two were against teams that set their stall out to defend and hit us on the break (as did Birmingham, Rotherham and Leeds), and we've struggled to break them down. Wolves are defensively solid and we didn't have a great game. Our centre midfield are solid, but they don't move the ball around quickly and fluidly and that can lead to pressure building if you press us up the pitch.

On the other hand though, we've done well when teams have a go at us (3-0 at home to Watford, 3-1 at home to Blackburn, 3-0 at Brentford and a very comfortable win against Bolton (albeit we gave away a very sloppy goal late on to make it look closer than it was).

It should be a good game, we try to play an attacking style, which mostly manifests itself in the form of Redmond harrassing full backs with Whittaker on the overlap. We haven't seen the best of Lafferty yet and Jerome has been doing well. If you leave space for our attacking players we've got some good players that can hurt you, if you don't leave space, we probably won't be able to break you down and our defence are good for at least one howler per match....

It won't be 0-0, but I don't know what it will be. My head says you'll nick it 1-0 or 2-1, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a draw or we snuck it by a similar margin. That's why the Championship is such a great league (assuming you're at the top...it's terrible if you're at the bottom).

Welcome CY and always nice with a sober view from the "other end". I think it's going to suit Boro well if you want to come and attack us and actually play football. It suits Boros play better when the opponents actually also want the ball and bring men forward. We have a very quick offensive so our counter attacking play is pretty decent.

I really have no clue what the outcome will be. Our home form has been somewhat patchy, so if I should give percentages it would probably be something like 40-35-25. Both teams to score.

Hello everyone, Norwich fan here, thought I'd drop by and say 'hello'.

I'm looking forward to the game tonight, although a little bit uneasy about how we'll get on. We haven't been playing very fluently of late so not sure how we'll do.

Of our defeats this season (Wolves, Charlton and Fulham) the latter two were against teams that set their stall out to defend and hit us on the break (as did Birmingham, Rotherham and Leeds), and we've struggled to break them down. Wolves are defensively solid and we didn't have a great game. Our centre midfield are solid, but they don't move the ball around quickly and fluidly and that can lead to pressure building if you press us up the pitch.

On the other hand though, we've done well when teams have a go at us (3-0 at home to Watford, 3-1 at home to Blackburn, 3-0 at Brentford and a very comfortable win against Bolton (albeit we gave away a very sloppy goal late on to make it look closer than it was).

It should be a good game, we try to play an attacking style, which mostly manifests itself in the form of Redmond harrassing full backs with Whittaker on the overlap. We haven't seen the best of Lafferty yet and Jerome has been doing well. If you leave space for our attacking players we've got some good players that can hurt you, if you don't leave space, we probably won't be able to break you down and our defence are good for at least one howler per match....

It won't be 0-0, but I don't know what it will be. My head says you'll nick it 1-0 or 2-1, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a draw or we snuck it by a similar margin. That's why the Championship is such a great league (assuming you're at the top...it's terrible if you're at the bottom).

Welcome to the forum and for your input Canary Yellow always good to see the other sides take on things.

Boro fans are waiting especially at home for the team to really click and to start delivering solid, hard to beat performances against those teams near and around us but maybe you have just provided the kiss of death to our aspirations:huh:

I say that because of late any match day thread whereby a opposition fan has posted has resulted in no more than a draw at best so I am in a situation where perhaps I should instantly ban you and delete your post:D

We gave Watford a good game and because we did not take our chances ended up with a draw, though perhaps a good result on reflection so I would not be at all suprised if the same applies to this game, especially as you have posted!!!

We are waiting for a ruthless home performance and hopefully if we take our chances we can get your team on the back foot and chasing the game as we do have the players very capable of fast and rapid counter attacks.

I was at the last away game against Norwich but I can assure you, if you were there, that you will witness a very different Boro this time.

Thanks for your post, just hope that current trends regarding supersticious can be blown away:shy:

Sounds like it will be a good attacking game then similar to the Watford game, nothing worse than watching a team keep ten men behind the ball which most teams in this league do unfortunately.

Will be a tough game for us, our toughest of the season and will show us how good we are, jerome is a cracking striker for this league and I'm always impressed with Redmond, friend seems to struggle against quick players like that.

Fully expect two of Norwich Watford Derby and hopefully boro to be in the top two come May

Good luck for the rest of the season, after tonight

I think Wolves might well be up there too...the Championship is a funny old league - Norwich and Forest looked good early and then struggled, Derby went on a run and now they've had a couple of funny results.

Jerome is a good player, the general consensus is we'd have been better off with him the Ricky van Wolfswinkel last season!

Redmond is an interesting one, he looks like a very good player, but as you'll see tonight, he beats his man for fun but his end product is appalling. He's only scored once for us and his crosses either hit row z or they don't beat the first man.

---------------------Dimi-------------------

Fredricks--Ayala---Gibbo--Friend

--------------Clayton--Grant----------

Wildschut----Tomlin---Reach

------------------Kike---------------------

Think this other team we should go for as I think it may take Reach and Gorgeous to keek Jerome quite. Also does give us speed down both wing as I think we are going have go at there defence with clever but direct play as I feel they'll deal with crosses all day with Martin & Turner

Keep Jerome quiet ? Are you getting confused with Redmond ? Jerome is a CF not a winger

Yeah your probably right. Whoever tore Bolton apart down the right flank is who we need to keep on top of.

I don't think Norwich have any more to offer than Watford did so I'm strangely confident about this one. However we will need at least two goals to win

Interesting to read that Omeruo was dropped from the squad at Rotherham only due to form and not injury/sickness. http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karanka-admits-boro-bookings-8042848

Even the new guy Milos Veljkovic was deemed better for a place on the bench! Has Omeruos form really dropped that much? I know his clearances are rash but he is certainly one of the best defenders in this League.

I'm in the programme tonight :-)

Revising my score prediction. Had gone for 1-1 but seeing some of the dross that have recently taken points from them, we have nothing to fear from this lot.

2-0. Bamford and Clayton.

Interesting to read that Omeruo was dropped from the squad at Rotherham only due to form and not injury/sickness. http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karanka-admits-boro-bookings-8042848

Even the new guy Milos Veljkovic was deemed better for a place on the bench! Has Omeruos form really dropped that much? I know his clearances are rash but he is certainly one of the best defenders in this League.

If maybe down to the World Cup hangover a lot of players seem to be suffering from. A couple of weeks rest may do him the world of good.

I'm in the programme tonight :-)

Revising my score prediction. Had gone for 1-1 but seeing some of the dross that have recently taken points from them, we have nothing to fear from this lot.

2-0. Bamford and Clayton.

Although they've taken points off us, we've battered them.

Leeds: 62% possession and 20 shots

Rotherham: 65% possession and 27 shots

Charlton: 61% possession and 15 shots

Birmingham: 62% possession and 28 shots

Just goes to show how poor we are at breaking teams down though I guess. All that ball and not very good results.

I think we'll be better for playing against a team that takes us on rather than camping behind the ball and hitting us on the break.

Should be a good contest.

Could well be a good contest, although like you guys we seem to perform better when teams try to take us head on. We tend to sit quite deep and allow the midfield to apply a high pressure game and use the wings to break away with quick attacks (Rotherham away was a perfect example of this).

We don't have a single danger man as such with goals and assists coming throughout the team, but if you're to get a result it would be by preventing Leadbitter and Clayton from controlling the tempo of the game in midfield. We've played very well lately and our only recent loss was away at Wolves with plenty of wins and a few draws making up the rest of our results.

It'll be an interesting contest and I can't decide on a result one way or another, head says 1-1, but heart says 2-0 to the Boro. Whatever happens cheers for posting your views on here and after Saturday (and excluding when we play you at Carrow Road :p ), best of luck for the rest of the season :)