oneBoro Forum

Centre Midfield

Leadbitter got some unbelievable criticism from quite a lot of people who totally couldn't appreciate the ability he has. Only now that he is scoring goals, in a far better team, they are starting to rate him. Even now though, it will be the goals that they will largely judge him on and not the great consistency, energy, tactical awareness and passing ability that has always been there.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have Rhys who can play CM

I hope the lad never wears our shirt again, Hes garbage imo, I never have rated him anything other than garbage.

Some said that about leadbitter last yr

Leadbitter was never garbage and every one new he had the ability and Karanka is now getting the best out of him.

Anyhow its only my opinion about R,Williams and if he ever gets in the team and is an asset then fair play to him but he wont because hes garbage.

You need to read through some of the old threads.........everyone knew he had ability indeed :rolleyes:

I hope the lad never wears our shirt again, Hes garbage imo, I never have rated him anything other than garbage.

Leadbitter has been nothing but average since joining, until this season :P

Do you word search for LEADBITTER :D.

Naughty boy rekons you always knew he was brill

Most of us are well aware that Rhys is not the player he once was, however under Karanka im sure he could rediscover his old rolls rhys form similar to Ayalas upturn in form.Rhys was a player who was valued at 5 million a couple of years ago!

Irated bailey. Still do. And i always rated leadbitter highly williams ill give you has been poor latelybut ive had long term injuries and sometimes it takesa while to get your. Form back

midfielders like leadbitter need to be good at everything because of the role they have for the team. like he is btw. the only reason he dropped down from the prem is because he isnt the quickest. maybe as he's got older and more intelligent he has been able to get round it. cant say i've noticed it much when i've seen him except in the liverpool game when sterling bombed past him, he tried to bring him down late but by the time he put his tackle in sterling was long gone, made me chuckle that. did anyone else see that?

Leadbitter has been nothing but average since joining, until this season :P

Forest came knocking on the door twice offering big money, good job we turned them down :D

Does anyone know how much ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ Rhys makes per week? He must be one of the most well paid surely?

Does anyone know how much ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ Rhys makes per week? He must be one of the most well paid surely?

seem to recall around the 20k a week figure doing the rounds a few years ago. bit much for a reserve i reckon. he'll be gone in the summer for nothing imo.

Karanka is the type of manager that gets the best out of his players by placing his trust in them and so I believe that Rhys will come back and we will see his best

How many goals do people think grant will end up on this season ? I think he'll end up on about 15/16, i think that would make him top scorer too, dont fancy kike to get more than that personally

With Leadbitter, a lot will depend on how many penalties we continue to win. With us having the sort of attackers we have, I think we should continue to win penalties fairly regularly so comfortably about 12.

His performances and goals are putting us in a difficult position, as he is now in an incredibly strong position to negotiate for a new contract. The only way I can see him staying is if we get promoted, as loads of PL clubs will surely be interested in signing him this summer on a free transfer, which I can't see us being able to compete with without promotion. Unless he "does a Batesy".

It's pretty exciting to think about the number of players that we have capable of getting a good amount of goals; Leadbitter, Kike, Bamford, Vossen, Adomah, Tomlin, Carayol etc.

I think we need to recognize its not just Leadbitter we need to recognize but its Clayton too. He has been a great buy and glad the fans didn't get to him after the whole ordeal on will he, won't he sign...

Excuse the American spelling - my laptop seems to autocorrect and preventing me speaking and typing proper English!

How many goals do people think grant will end up on this season ? I think he'll end up on about 15/16, i think that would make him top scorer too, dont fancy kike to get more than that personally

To be fair, at least half of Grant's goal will be set pieces and penalties. If Kike was on penalties and converted them, he'd be in double figures by now and people wouldn't be doubting how many he'd get and start saying he's the 20 goal striker we've needed!