• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really happy with us signing Forshaw as he should fit into our style really well and will also give us more options in holding midfield and all attacking areas(with possibly playing #10 role so freeing up other players like Vossen and Bamford to play other positions). It seems like Gibson is keen to make the most of the great position we're in the league and the feel good factor around the club, so has pushed the boat out to get such a good quality player. Also, with the role our two holding midfielders have to do in front of our back four where they tend to pick up lots of yellow cards, it should mean that when suspensions inevitably strike, we will have another very good midfielder to come into the side.

We should hopefully see Ledesma depart before the transfer window closes.

Comment from by Bees supporting mate:

He's a quality player Mark. Really run the show for us last season in the middle of the park. Two good feet, good engine, gets around the pitch. Will be a good signing.

And another:

Really? He's a top player mate. He was our best player & league one player of the year last year. He only left us in August!

Sounds like he can do a decent job in the middle of the park. A good engine, which is what we need. Hopefully see him relatively soon in a Boro shirt. Charlton game maybe if completed and training with the lads.

Another mate just replied with a 'sad face' - I don't know if it's because he's gutted he's potentially signed for us, or because I'd said he'd potentially sign for us and play against them on Saturday! (Although granted, I know it's not normally AKs way to drop them in from the off!)

Well he has to be at least on the bench for Saturday just to come on and score the winner against his former club. Coz we all know that's the unwritten rule :)

I wondered if something like this would happen in this transfer window. The way the team set up with a flat back four and two holding midfielders in Clayton and Leadbitter is very effective and must be a bugger to play against. However whilst keeping the goals `against` to very small numbers, it does cause problems in linking up the attacking players with Kike, Vossen and Bamford all really vying for one position and no attacking central midfielder to glue it all together, hence the `disconnect` at times between our defence and forwards. Essentially we are set up to counter attack and when teams sit back and wait for us to come at them we tend to struggle. I have been trying to think of ,(in an idealworld), who I would put in that position in front of the two holding players and have decided it should be David Silva, (yeah fat chance I know). Is Forshaw the player to fill that hole, I do not know, but I certainly cannot think of anyone currently in the squad who has looked the part, and I think Karanka probably thinks the same. Anyway just my opinion.