oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window

I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure on the timings.

Given that we have 'interest' in Dorrens and Morrison I wonder if something could happen with WBA tomorrow. Pulis has said he wants more deals.

Not convinced we will let anyone go myself but anything can happen.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Jota was a bit rash in possession as well definitely needs polish which if we are heading to PL next season we probably don't have time to polish him off.

Tomlin's hot and cold but looking at the quality moments Forshaw showed in his layoffs and touches I think that might give Tomlin a kick up the backside to kick on and improve.

To be fair, Tomlin is very good on his day... However if tomorrow West Brom came in for him I'm sure we could get Dorrans or Morrison as part of the deal and I would be more than happy with that.

I really can't see us selling anyone. It would be a big gamble to do so, even though Tomlin is blowing a bit hot and Cold. He has showed his importance in the last few matches winning us points against Huddersfield and Cardiff and putting Kompany, one of the best PL defenders, to the sword. It would be hard to decline 5 million though after paying 1,5 only 12 months ago. There would have to be a ready made replacement though. I just have a feeling that if we go up Tomlin could be worth more after a season in the Prem.

Also, let's not forget that should we "only" get into the Playoffs, I reckon Tomlin could be a match winning player. They way he played against City, he really looked like a player WHO thrives on those occasions and can really shoulder the responsibility.

I don't think there will be any buys or sells today, Only youngsters going out on loan.

Our business was done early. I think its a day to just watch all the other teams scramble round for players.

Maybe there will be a surprise signing... Sneaky AK.

The most unexcited I think I have ever been about a deadline day. If, and its a big if, Tomlin goes it will be for a ridiculous price and AK will have had a replacement lined up ages ago.

Other than that I think it will just be young players going out on loan and possibly an outgoing like Ledesma.

We need to heed the lessons learned from Williams and Emnes. Take the money if its good enough.

Haha, Iv'e just advocated that exact thought on a Danish discusison forum. Is it time to Cash in on an in-form player when desperate PL Clubs come knocking on the final day.

Would absolutely love us to spend the Money on Dansish U21 player Pione Sisto. Such a massive talent, but his Club is looking for somewhere in the region on 5 mio. He'd be worth it though.

We need to heed the lessons learned from Williams and Emnes. Take the money if its good enough.

Haha, Iv'e just advocated that exact thought on a Danish discusison forum. Is it time to Cash in on an in-form player when desperate PL Clubs come knocking on the final day.

Would absolutely love us to spend the Money on Dansish U21 player Pione Sisto. Such a massive talent, but his Club is looking for somewhere in the region on 5 mio. He'd be worth it though.

If we were mid table then maybe but why disturb a promotion campaign when we could sell him in august anyway

Just seen this on SKysports:

"Burnley have made a £3m bid for West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans. The offer has yet to be accepted or rejected and the clubs are in talks. There is also a unnamed Championship club interested in his signature"

Wonder who that Championship side is? But to be honest I'd rather have Tomlin as I think any team challenging for the top-2 need a bit of unpredictability up front.