oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window

Christ, this has come out of the blue. CNt comment on the player and that is quite a lot of money to spend on such an unknown and not done it in this league but it does show a statement of intent that we are prepared to pay good money and give our squad a boost for the run in. Also got to think Leadbitter and Clayton haven't had much of a rest this season so I am glad we have improved the squad in this position.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

he must make this up, were priced out of a move for a winger so we go for a central midfielder?

Morrison has been playing centre mid for a long time now at WBA. Has looked excellent as well, much improved footballer.

Just reading back a couple of pages and got a couple of points to make really.

1. I genuinely don't think there is any chance that AK will change our formation to fit in one player. The formula is right at the moment but he gives us another option. Astute observation by whoever it was saying about having a player who is more comfortable breaking out of the midfield than Leadboots and Clayts.

2. I cant remember now whats going on with Leadbitters contract... was that renewed yet?

3. Morrison is a legend for THAT red card tackle on Ronaldo back in the day so us welcome anytime!

So we went to Pulis and said 'how much for Morrison.... Gulp..... Erm what about Dorrans on loan.....erm erm..... If Morrison is available on loan let us know..... Then we go spend 2mil plus on a champo midfielder? Can't see it myself

I had heard that we were interested in Morrison but didn't believe it so I didn't bother mentioning it on here. Sounds like it might have some legs.

i would absolutely love james morrison back, i'm still a bit miffed about how easily southgate gave up on him.

---

someone asked phil tallentire on twitter if there was any truth in the dorrans rumour and he said no

When Forshaw is signed I genuinely think that is it as far as major signings are concerned, Anyone else will surely be back up.

My suspicious side thinks there could be a exciting wild card sort of signing.

If I could choose one position to improve after the Forshaw signing it would be a new keeper with premier league in mind but that is probably not viable at the moment.

It's really not needed right now NB. We're not there yet and Dimi is more than capable of doing the job for us right now. We can't afford to be buying players for something. that might not happen (I believe it will but caution is necessary).

It's really not needed right now NB. We're not there yet and Dimi is more than capable of doing the job for us right now. We can't afford to be buying players for something. that might not happen (I believe it will but caution is necessary).

I agree we don't need to bring in a new keeper now but that is the position I would most want to improve, But like you say Dimi is fine and he has been excelent I just not sure about Msjias but he had a strong game against Man City so maybe he does have some potential.

once Forshaw has signed I think our squad is complete for this season.

I actually would be confident of our squad as it stands to stay in the premier league........ With a proven keeper.