• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not good enough for the Prem.

He could surprise us. Remember nobody was particularly impressed when we signed him from Hartlepool. With many people saying he wasn't good enough for a championship promotion (or top six) push. I include myself in that also

We've not had a keeper good enough for the prem since big Mark left. I think Dimis the best we've had since. A man can't keep this many clean sheets and not be given a chance. I'm pretty sure he came from AEK Athens and not hartlepool though. I'm sure I read an article from Dimi about not being paid and the state of the Greek economy. Could be wrong though

I wouldnt even bother arguing with humpty about this, hes been blinded ever since dimi took steeles place!

Do your research. I've heaped praise on Dimi over the last few months. Cheap shot for a "mod"

And its not a cheap shot to put mod in ""? Def not.

In any case, i call it as i see it. Every praise ive ever seen you give him has been begrudgingly and theres almost always a reference to steele close by.

While I feel that Dimi could definitely do a job for us in the premier league, I would love us to have an experienced backup keeper proven at that level just in case. Mejias is a long way from being that player so we need to bring someone else in who won't mind warming the bench.

Mannone could be a good shout but what about (hear me out here) Brad Jones? Did a decent job for us before Steele came along and has a good few years of premiership experience.

While I feel that Dimi could definitely do a job for us in the premier league, I would love us to have an experienced backup keeper proven at that level just in case. Mejias is a long way from being that player so we need to bring someone else in who won't mind warming the bench.

Mannone could be a good shout but what about (hear me out here) Brad Jones? Did a decent job for us before Steele came along and has a good few years of premiership experience.

Noooo please no I was happy to see the back of Jones when we pulled Liverpool's pants down and stole £2m of them for him, he took over from Mignolet this season and was quickly dropped again as he was awful

Dimi is a solid Championship goalkeeper but I think if we get promoted we would be naive to keep him as our number one. We should extend Dimi's contract without doubt, to have him as our back-up, but I think we would be wise to invest in a higher quality keeper. Hopefully we can find someone who can have the influence that Schwarzer had here for such a long period of time.