oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window

I imagine Mejias will start in goal of we go up, with Dimi as backup

So, Dimi, the guy who basically got us the win right at the depth today and who has done the same plenty of other times gets dropped for the guy who looks like he's going to concede every time a cross comes in?

Dimi No. 1.

Deserves it and is good enough.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not good enough for the Prem.

Well i cant remember a mistake hes made and i can remember quite a few times in recent games hes saved us , i also cant think of a moment when a better keeper would have done any more so im struggling to see why we need another keeper

If we could afford cech or a real top top keeper fair enough but we cant

Well i cant remember a mistake hes made and i can remember quite a few times in recent games hes saved us , i also cant think of a moment when a better keeper would have done any more so im struggling to see why we need another keeper

But hes not from teeside...

I imagine Mejias will start in goal of we go up, with Dimi as backup

So, Dimi, the guy who basically got us the win right at the depth today and who has done the same plenty of other times gets dropped for the guy who looks like he's going to concede every time a cross comes in?

Dimi No. 1.

Deserves it and is good enough.

Fully agree Prowler. Once again Dimi saved us points today and ensured a useful points gap from a real contender. The guy deserves credit for his efforts, humility and team ethic, let alone talent.

It's unfair to say he's overachieving and has been for the whole season. He has been great this season, as he was last season also, so I think he deserves more credit. He joined as our 3rd choice GK to make up the numbers in training and has fought his way into the team by being the professional and dependable.

Overachieving?

He's been phenomenal and has been since Given left.

Given set the benchmark and Dimi raised it to a new level, you can heap as much praise on our defence as you like but the simple fact is that Dimi has won us points on his own this season with some remarkable saves. He's a keeper that our defenders can trust to mop up after them and he's a keeper who will give the defenders a good ol' bollocking.

22 league games, 12 conceded.

He's more than earned No. 1 if we go up.

All credit goes to Dimi for a thoroughly professional attitude. He obviously got the skill and competencies for the Championship as he has proven throughout the season.

I would argue he's overachieving as he hasn't exactly excelled previously in his career. He enjoyed a long spell with Hartlepool and the most prominent club after that was AEK Athens. He's 36 now. He did not impress Mowbray nor Karanka initially. Karanka brought in Given and then Mejias as 1st choice. This, in my opinion, suggests that he doesn't exactly set the world alight but, he's proven himself on the training pitch and in the league as well.

He lacks physical presence in the box and this is often overseen due to his nice reflexes. We struggled at set pieces today and we've struggled before. All I am saying is - We need a new GK if we achieve promotion.

Well i cant remember a mistake hes made and i can remember quite a few times in recent games hes saved us ,  i also cant think of a moment when a better keeper would have done any more so im struggling to see why we need another keeper

But hes not from teeside...

:D Hit the nail on the head there, bet Dimi hasnt even had a parmo :(

Give it a rest Humpty, what have you seen to suggest that Dimi isnt good enough?