oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wigan Athletic [A] 1-1

Ok can I ask that we refrain from gauntlets being thrown down because this Match thread will explode into all sorts of areas and I can see that tempers will fray due to differing attitudes on this touchy subject.

I said in my second post that the match itself would turn into a media circus and that I wish it was not us playing Wigan.

So please an element of calm shown until we get onto the football side of things again

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest DS I think this media storm around the game will benefit us, we have been able to focus on the game whereas Wigan have all this other stuff to deal with.

Its not illegal what he has done but its not right either, I wouldnt want someone like that at Boro but I dont blame Wigan for taking the risk on a quality championship manager

Hate that this sort of thing passes for humour these days, its the 21st century ffs. He sounds like a pretty vile bloke to be honest. However it was all said in private so its surprising that the FA are investigating it, surely there is nothing they can do

Aye, I'm driving down with James and Weasel.

On Malky I think he's shown himself up to be a bit of a tosspot, especially when he was mouthing off about how badly Vincent Tan was treating him. The comments were fairly disgusting and I think there's certainly several (especially the one containing the racial slur for people of Asian origin) that were downright nasty.

Whether it was 'banter' or not, you don't expect someone in a position of authority like Malky was to be making comments like that about players who are meant to respect him and fellow professionals.

I wouldn't want him at Boro, let's put it that way.

Let me just say ive never liked malky And i like him even less now. But if you refuse to employ anyone in football that sends texts that are out of order most teams would struggle to get 11 players out never mind a backroom staff

Dont we all know people who although they dont say it to your face we know the type of texts they will be sending to their mates

Oh and back on the topic of the match......

Off to the match with my boy so looking forward to a cracking atmosphere.

3-1 to us (Kike and Tomlin to get the first two and Jelle getting his first late on after replacing Tomlin). We all go mental / Job done / Drive home ........

Oh and back on the topic of the match......

Off to the match with my boy so looking forward to a cracking atmosphere.

3-1 to us (Kike and Tomlin to get the first two and Jelle getting his first late on after replacing Tomlin). We all go mental / Job done / Drive home ........

Match ? What match :cool:

^

Most people don't really care what other people text to each other in private conversations.

Spot on Trapper but this got out into the public domain sadly:-/

I have to say I'm quite surprised you think racism and sexism is ok as long as it's in private.

I think it's about time these stupid witch hunts were halted and people got involved with the real problems of this world instead, instead of being sidetracked with a lot of nonsense.

Totally agree... and i don't think people should try to stifle debating this subject either... quite the contrary... we need more open and honest debate around such sensitive subjects without fear of being branded a bigot

Personally i couldn't give two hoots what colour skin people have but the sad reality is that racism does exist... always has and always will... and trying to censor people's views with political correctness only drives the problem underground as we can see with the re-emergence of the far right across northern europe in recent years

Oh yeah... and I'll be there on saturday as ever

Its time to take our team to a hotel away from all this crap and refuse them any contact with the outside world.

This cant be having any sort of good effect on the wigan players. I cant think theyve talked of anything else for days

Looking forward to this one, would have expected us to win well had they not sacked the manager, having a new manager will give them a huge boost though. Im hoping our quality should see us through, the away record is fantastic and we are very well backed away from home once again. Injury crisis isnt looking too bad now with Gibbo likely to be fit. Would like to see us line up like this

----------------Dimi----------------

Fredricks--Ayala--Gibbo--Friend

-------Clayton----Leadbitter-------

Adomah------Tomlin-------Reach

-----------------Kike------------------

Harsh to drop Bamford and I would love to see Vossen play but I think this is the best line up for an away game, if were playing one striker it has to be Kike over Bamford

MailOnline Sport ‏@MailSport 5 mins5 minutes ago

BREAKING: Wigan have lost ANOTHER sponsor. iPro Sport this time.

:D wow this certainly isnt going down well