• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd quite happily play terrible every week and go up than play well and not. If we can play well it's a bonus but I'm not that bothered as long as we're in the mix still and don't lose ground on the teams around us.

Thankfully when we haven't got 3 points from a game most times the teams around us have failed to win too. Derby lost to Wigan a few weeks back, let's not forget. This wasn't as easy as some were making it out to be.

It's a cliche but there really are no easy games in this league. We played badly and still managed a draw, and had one of those penalty appeals (haven't seen them so don't know if they were correct decisions or not) been given we would have won without playing well.

Like I said, I'm less concerned with one bad performance a***st a sea of decent showings than I am happy at a point salvaged from a game that we could have lost.

Well, that's just not going to happen. We need to play well to go up. Thankfully a poor performance gave us 1 point and kept a good run going but we need to perform much much better if we want to get promoted. Yesterdays performance would have seen us gotten torn to shreds at Watford and Derby.

We were similarily poor at Wolves and lost. That's what happens when you are terrible against teams nearer the top.

And I'll never be happy with a terrible display. The points yes, but not the display.

Of course that's never going to happen, I was just making a point that performances are less important to me than picking up points and keeping ourselves near the top, as I explained in the rest of the post

Isn't is CLayton who is suspended?

I'm sure they said Adomah on the radio, CLayton must be close to a suspension though if it isn't him.

Isn't is CLayton who is suspended?

Your right it is Clayton, Thats a big blow, I was sure they said Adomah.

Wigan beat Derby at Derby.

I think Aitor got a few decision wrong in this game, but to pick up a point away from Home, with an under-par performance certainly bodes well for the rest of the season.

I also think we need to factor in that Wigan have a good squad and the whole new manager thing.

Also, their goal was a piece of individual class - all in all that is a decent point for me. Wigan wont be in the bottom three for very long.

Blackpool - Bottom, Draw

Wigan - 2nd Bottom, Draw

Team's that are chasing promotion should beat the bottom 2 teams.

Well wigan beat derby and drew with forest and bournmouth

So are you saying non of us are chasing promotion

Also a case to remember that as the season progresses those teams at or towards the bottom have the dreaded relegation battle to contend with and that any results can and do happen.

You just do not know what to expect results wise from the bottom half teams

Our form is decent, however, it is by no means brilliant. Yes we may have lost just one in our last 10, but there have been 5 draws in there with 4 wins. That's 17 points from a potential 30. We could have lost 4 games and won the other 6, to give us 18 points.

If we're going to make a meaningful push for the automatic spots, then we will need to find a way of turning draws into wins.

Our form is decent, however, it is by no means brilliant. Yes we may have lost just one in our last 10, but there have been 5 draws in there with 4 wins. That's 17 points from a potential 30. We could have lost 4 games and won the other 6, to give us 18 points.

If we're going to make a meaningful push for the automatic spots, then we will need to find a way of turning draws into wins.

You've chosen a run of results to suit your point, if you look from the last 13 you'll find it's one defeat , 5 draws and 7 wins which is 26 points out of 39 which isn't too bad, especially when you consider how tight the league is with teams beating others left right and center, staying unbeaten is quite some task.

You completely ignored the 3 wins before that game

I don't buy into the idea of 2pts a game is required, it may have been that in the past but the last few years the championship has been incredibly close, even more so this year, for me it's more important to keep the points tally coming alon than it is to be thumping teams every week.

Over the last ten years the amount of points needed to win you automatic promotion has ranged from 79-93. Averaged out over that period the amount is 86 points although five of the ten years are above this value. Only one year is 92 points or above however (2 points per game). Basically 2 points per game averaged over a season should guarantee you promotion unless you're really unlucky. Given how this season is currently shaping up I'd be surprised if you needed 92 points for automatic promotion. I think low to mid 80's is the favourite at the moment, maybe something similar to 2010/11.