oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wigan Athletic [A] 1-1

I totally agree, Red. There is no place in football for the likes of Mackay, I'm shocked that he's found a job so quickly. But then who ever said that football cares about that sort of thing?

Clubs will try and win at any cost, even if it means appointing a racist, sexist homophobe as manager.

Just when you think football has come on leaps and bounds, something like this happens. I think coupled with the Ched Evans saga (that shouldn't even be a question imo kick him out of football) I have been left very disillusioned with parts of the beautiful game. One day it will be better, I really believe that. I just wish that time was now.

"Who has been your player of the season so far? Why? - I'm going to be a cop-out on this question. Because all the players are standout in their particular role. We're playing as a team. One is not more important than another. We're winning as a team. Not because of one or two players."

The stats say differently I'm afraid. If I'm not mistaken we have a very poor record when Leadbitter hasn't played.

I understand your sentiment because the team as a whole, this season has been the best we've had for a very long time. Possibly going back to 2006.

I think I have probably bought into the mentality of the club a little too much haha. There have been many different MOTM's this season for me but overall, Grant has definitely won the most. I'm just really loving the togetherness of the squad this season and didn't want to take away from that. I did admit it was a cop out. :P

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Standout player leadbitter followed closely by kike friend gibson ayala and omerou. But recently reach tomlin clayton and adomah , fredricks and bamford have had a few good ones aswell

Everyone else needs to ip it a bit

Turnbull; Hoyte, Riggott, Wheater, Grounds; Aliadiere, Shawky (Digard 58), O’Neil, Downing; Alves (Johnson 79), Mido. Subs not used: Jones, J Johnson, Walker, Emnes, Craddock.

Team when we played Wigan in 2008, minus Downing how bad is that, no wonder we got relegated that season, Think the current team is much better than that

Turnbull; Hoyte, Riggott, Wheater, Grounds; Aliadiere, Shawky (Digard 58), O’Neil, Downing; Alves (Johnson 79), Mido. Subs not used: Jones, J Johnson, Walker, Emnes, Craddock.

Team when we played Wigan in 2008, minus Downing how bad is that, no wonder we got relegated that season, Think the current team is much better than that

thats a gash team, we had high hopes from the academy lads. all but AJ turned out pretty useless at even championship level.

yes think your right better team now, imagine kike, tomlin, adomah v's that defence. we'd torture us ha ha

Are you as demanding of a confident 3 points as me?

not quite, tough game. we still have to keep our concentration in ever game. we've stsrted to get better, but still we have weaknesses in our team. no 3 points are going to come easy.

Who has been your player of the season so far? Why?

have to say leadbitter, just because of his stats. although i you gave the pennas to kike and he scored them i'd say him.

Are there any players you are worried about leaving in Jan?

no, i do think bamford will go back. hopefully vossen will then get more game time.

Do you consider Boro serious automatic promotion contenders?

yes, but more importantly the players themselves do. which is more important.

Who do you see as our biggest promotion rivals?

i think the main promotion teams will be derby, norwich, cherries and watford. + us obviously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think we will win saturday , i dont think the new manager will change anything. infact i think with malky coming in it will be a negative for them(players) and the club.

Was confident until an hour ago, can see us struggling against a new manager, it normally gives a team a massive boost, fortunately he will only have 2 days to work with his new team. Really hard to call this one now, would anyone take a draw?

Quite simply, no. Don't want to lose any ground on Derby County as I feel they could potentially do a Leicester and walk away with the league

Derby fans are thinking the same about us pulling away like Leicester, having a tough match at Watford.

Was confident until an hour ago, can see us struggling against a new manager, it normally gives a team a massive boost, fortunately he will only have 2 days to work with his new team. Really hard to call this one now, would anyone take a draw?

Quite simply, no. Don't want to lose any ground on Derby County as I feel they could potentially do a Leicester and walk away with the league

Derby fans are thinking the same about us pulling away like Leicester, having a tough match at Watford.

Very interesting, have they said this on any of their forums? Would be interesting to see how they view us

Well starting from today judging by the papers reaction to the Manager appointment the game will become a media circus aimed solely at The Chairman and Manager, I have no doubt about how Boro fans will react in a controlled manner but it will be the Wigan fans reaction that the media will be interested in.

The game has become a side show but I would imagine every neutral will be hoping for a Boro win.

Personally Whelan has proved himself just as bad and has let his club down by the appointment, I just wish it was not us as the first game since this fiasco!

I thought Dave Whelan was one of the nice guys in football but I've lost some respect for him in recent weeks especially after reading this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2841550/MATT-LAWTON-Malky-Mackay-wanted-rehabilitated-chosen-chairman-carefully.html

What a moron. The comment about the MP is downright degenerate. Hope we seriously smack them. Gotta feel sorry for the Wigan supporters though.