• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been reading through the derby forums.

they are not worried about us or anyone pulling away from them. i think they seem pretty confident.

basically they think they are probably favourites. quite a level headed bunch of poster on the whole. they dont expect to run away with it and are expecting a tough time upto christmas with their fixtures. they hope to be within a few points of the lead going into the new year.

one poster classed us a dark horses for the title. i think most of us would agree with alot of what they are saying. we seem to have risen to the top few places without being spectacular or receiving much attention until the other week.

they are saying they didnt get many points against the better teams last season but bullied the bottom teams. hopefully they will continue to struggle against the better teams and slip down the table over the next six games.

I dont think whelan should take stick for this. He sent some crap texts which became public ,he lost a premier league job, he lost a load of compensation ,hes been slagged off for months by everyone , i think he realises hes made a mistake and been punnished for it , lets move on

I dont think whelan should take stick for this. He sent some crap texts which became public ,he lost a premier league job, he lost a load of compensation ,hes been slagged off for months by everyone , i think he realises hes made a mistake and been punnished for it , lets move on

no i dont think he should get away without abuse, hopefully all the black players refuse to play for him. what happened to the 'kick racism out of football' has it become 'kick racism out of football for a little bit then let it back in again'.

^

Most people don't really care what other people text to each other in private conversations.

Spot on Trapper but this got out into the public domain sadly:-/

I have to say I'm quite surprised you think racism and sexism is ok as long as it's in private.

they are not worried about us or anyone pulling away from them. i think they seem pretty confident.

basically they think they are probably favourites. quite a level headed bunch of poster on the whole. they dont expect to run away with it and are expecting a tough time upto christmas with their fixtures. they hope to be within a few points of the lead going into the new year.

one poster classed us a dark horses for the title. i think most of us would agree with alot of what they are saying. we seem to have risen to the top few places without being spectacular or receiving much attention until the other week.

they are saying they didnt get many points against the better teams last season but bullied the bottom teams. hopefully they will continue to struggle against the better teams and slip down the table over the next six games.

With 17 Games played and still 29 to play there is plenty of time for a team to pull away from the rest, But I have watched plenty of games this season from other teams and I don't think anyone has the Players/Squad to run away with the Championship like some teams have done.

no i dont think he should get away without abuse, hopefully all the black players refuse to play for him. what happened to the 'kick racism out of football' has it become 'kick racism out of football for a little bit then let it back in again'.

He hasnt got away without abuse, hes been abused for the last months and hes lost a job in the premier league and lost .....oh say a million pounds ,,

What do you think the punishment should be for sending a crude or crap text ..the death sentence ?

With 17 Games played and still 29 to play there is plenty of time for a team to pull away from the rest, But I have watched plenty of games this season from other teams and I don't think anyone has the Players/Squad to run away with the Championship like some teams have done.

smoeone might pull away if they have a decent run of fixtures. but they may find it had to keep infront of the pack. i dont think anyone will, maybe get top 4 pull a gap on the rest an a little mini battle for the top 2 sports starts.

He hasnt got away without abuse, hes been abused for the last months and hes lost a job in the premier league and lost .....oh say a million pounds ,,

What do you think the punishment should be for sending a crude or crap text ..the death sentence ?

he's an idiot and shouldnt work in football again. calling(cardiff's) their asian player a fkn chinky is not just a stupid text. no place in football for racism of any sort.

All of those things are consequences of what he did, but not actual criminal/fa punishment. Once he has done the time (or paid the fine or been found innocent) then I think less people would have a problem, but he is still awaiting his punishment.

A bit like if say a banker got done for assaulting someone, sure he would get sacked and some abuse from peers, but they aren't the official punishment, he shouldn't just walk straight back into another bank before undergoing a criminal investigation and facing the punishment of that.

it's not about him sending texts, its about the fact that this man clearly is a racist, a sexist and whatever else. Why? because the text messages are hard pieces of evidence that show that he clearly spoke about these topics at length with the other offender, so much so that they felt comfortable and also found it funny to exchange texts about it. That signals to me that those sorts of conversations were commonplace.

It's not like a banker assaulting someone at all - if a banker or whoever assaulted someone that is a criminal offence and is dealt with as a one-time offence.

Malky Mackay's beliefs and attitude are what is wrong here, it isn't like he accidently used a racial slur once and then stopped, this is what he thinks is acceptable. The fact that he documents them in text messages is the tip of the iceberg, not the whole scandal.

^

Most people don't really care what other people text to each other in private conversations.

I have to say I'm quite surprised you think racism and sexism is ok as long as it's in private.

If this is a reply to what I said Humpty then you have the meaning of my text wrong (apologies if you are not referring to me)

Most people do not care what folks text to each other indeed what you text to anyone is no concern of mine and thats what I meant when replying to Trapper.

I made my views known as per my Whelan comments there are no places anywhere and in any circumstances where racism should be tolerated.

My boss is black and I do not even think about his skin tone at all

^

I think it's about time these stupid witch hunts were halted and people got involved with the real problems of this world instead, instead of being sidetracked with a lot of nonsense.