oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

I think that we played so much better on Saturday with a 4-4-2. Also Blackburn a weak at the back and without steele I see them conceding goals. I also see Big ken getting a game this week.

2-1 boro

Dimi

Fredericks-Ayala-Omerou-Friend

Tomlin-Leadbitter-Whitehead-Reach

Kike-Bamford

And hopefully vossen score if he gets on!

Favourite memory of TLF, do really remember the glory TLF days but my favorite was when he came back in 2003, got injured. But in hus first game back against Everton he came of the bench to score and make it 1-1 and the place went mental.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Also i don't know which player some people have been watching but it's not Reach. He's been our most consistent wide man this season.

Consistent at what? Being good, bad, average?

The context of my post is a bit of a give away.

From the games I've seen I'll agree with Humpty. He may not be as good at beating his man but he's always looking to challenge the defenders with his runs. Earlier in the season he was critisesed for passing backwards too much, but I think he has improved on that aspect massively.

att 17832

i hope we line up like this:-

--------------dimi---------

---freddy ayala gibbo friend

albert whitehead grant reach

--------kike-----bamford-

i dont think we've lost when gibson and ayala have played together, lets not bring ken in.

Tomlin was completely ineffective when he first signed and was played out wide. He's not happy playing wide as it restricts his freedom. If Adomah IS suspended, which i've heard nothing about so i'd be surprised if he was, then Bamford is a shoe in on the right.

Also i don't know which player some people have been watching but it's not Reach. He's been our most consistent wide man this season. Against Bournemouth and Norwich the crosses were raining in and it caused both teams all osrts of problems. Unless we want to play a little differently, you can't drop Reach for his performances.

PS Adomah is not suspended as a yellow was wiped out when he was sent off.

I agree that Tomlin was poor out wide but since then he's lost a lot of weight and has a lot more running, desire and commitment. His attitude has changed massively too. I think he would do a good job there if asked.

Saying that it's a non starter anyway. I'm fairly confident AK wouldn't start him out there

Also i don't know which player some people have been watching but it's not Reach. He's been our most consistent wide man this season.

Consistent at what? Being good, bad, average?

The context of my post is a bit of a give away.

From the games I've seen I'll agree with Humpty. He may not be as good at beating his man but he's always looking to challenge the defenders with his runs. Earlier in the season he was critisesed for passing backwards too much, but I think he has improved on that aspect massively.

Reach has been putting more crosses in lately, since signing his new contract he's looked more confident and been a bigger attacking threat. At the start of the season he was doing this but he's end product was just not good enought. During the Leeds game karanka was having a go at him about he's poor crosses and after that he stopped putting crosses in and started looking to play in friend instead. I personally think karanka telling him to be more selective with he's crossing if he can't he can't pick someone out in the box keep possession and pass it back.

quote='Humpty' pid='331523' dateline='1416924133']

Best memory of TLF was 'The Juninho game' at Filbert Street. I was privileged enough to be there that day. He was unbelievable.

mine has to be just before Christmas in 1995 (showing my age now) boro beat man City 4-1 with TLF getting the last one. i remember being at the game and it being quite level at half time, the second half was amazing and although i think Barmby hit 2 for me Juninho was the outstanding player

a0f959ba601df67cc41f2b366aa94ea6.jpg[

I think so too. The key is knowing when to put the ball in the box and when to recycle it. It took Downing a season or three to learn that, albeit he was more talented at running with the ball.

I think Reach is definitely the go to man for away games. His work rate, ball retention and defensive capabilities are all a level above our other widemen. I also think that Wildschut's directness (from what we've seen of him thus far) makes him look like a good option away from home.

Whilst I agree with your point about Tomlin being ineffective on the left when we first got him Humpty, I think it's worth taking into account that at the time he was a bit out of shape, not at peak fitness and was adapting to a new team. He looked far more effective out wide than in the middle where he kept getting crowded out. Maybe we might see that a bit more in games where Tomlin isn't having too much luck? Take off the left winger, bring on Bamford, switch Tomlin out wide and go 4-4-2.

Bamford has to start as does Kike for me so I wouldn't be surprised to see Karanka change the shape maybe play wing backs and 3 centre halves with Albert also suspended.

I think we will see the return of Ken. Keep Rhodes quiet and we will win but I think that is harder said than done.

I'm going for 1-1.

I can go along with that to an extent. I thought Tomlin was starved of the ball on Saturday because Wigan pressed our two CM so well. The move out wide was borne out of desperation to get him involved in the game. I'm not sure whether it would be something Karanka would look to do from the start of the game if I'm honest because his best work is done through the middle. You might just see Adomah miss out on Saturday with Bamford taking his spot on the right.

Adomah is not suspended.

Yeah, Wigan seemed to outdo us at our own game plan (with regards to the higher pressure). I do feel that Tomlin's best work comes through the centre also, but if we were to go with 2 up top in the second half of the game, having him out on the left could be very effective. Would also like to see that maybe from the start against sides that sit very deep as it would allow us to break them down a lot easier and prevent Kike from becoming too isolated.