oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall (A) 5-1

For me the big difference between this season and last is that we can now put players like kike and tomlin on the bench and theyve got to try 100% to get back in

Last season kike and tomlin would have had to play every game even if there form had dropped

You're right about that. The options this season are way ahead of last season. The first half of last season it was Juke, Emnes, Kamara and Main. I know two of them are in the Premier League but I wouldn't have either of them here ahead of the four we have at the moment and that's not having see that much of Vossen so far. None of them would have scored that hattrick yesterday in my opinion.

This is key, it has been so long that we have had any strikers that look capable of scoring a hattrick, now I genuinely think we have 3.

Our performance on Saturday reminded me of Liverpool last year, we had two strikers on the pitch who were clinical and the game was over after 30mins. We didn't have to move up to 5th gear at any point in the second half.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

For me the big difference between this season and last is that we can now put players like kike and tomlin on the bench and theyve got to try 100% to get back in

Last season kike and tomlin would have had to play every game even if there form had dropped

You're right about that. The options this season are way ahead of last season. The first half of last season it was Juke, Emnes, Kamara and Main. I know two of them are in the Premier League but I wouldn't have either of them here ahead of the four we have at the moment and that's not having see that much of Vossen so far. None of them would have scored that hattrick yesterday in my opinion.

This is key, it has been so long that we have had any strikers that look capable of scoring a hattrick, now I genuinely think we have 3.

Our performance on Saturday reminded me of Liverpool last year, we had two strikers on the pitch who were clinical and the game was over after 30mins. We didn't have to move up to 5th gear at any point in the second half.

Last season...Emnes. Juke, Kamara And Main.

This season...Bamford, Kike, (Tomlin Full Season) And Vossen.

The difference in Ability,Talent And goal threat is Leagues apart in my opinion,

The hilarious thing is Emnes and Juke are in the Premier League and wouldn't get on our bench now. Main is probably at hes level in League 1 and Kamara is probably a League 2 player.

Our starting 11 is much stronger this season and our bench is nearly as strong as the starting 11.

UTB.

So gutted I didn't get to this game because of a friend's birthday.

2009- 5th December - Away in London vs. QPR. Missed game because of same guy's birthday. Result - 5-1 win

5 years later the same friend is making me miss a 5-1 win in London!!

2009- 5th December - Away in London vs. QPR. Missed game because of same guy's birthday. Result - 5-1 win

next time you're invited tell him/her you are busy and make certain you get a boro ticket!!! :P

next time you're invited tell him/her you are busy and make certain you get a boro ticket!!! :P

I tend to agree with Somerset on this one. Maybe it's time you re-evaluate your friends or get them to re-evaluate when they have their birthdays. (That's why I made sure mine is in July ) :):):)