Boro V Millwall (A) 5-1

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I don't think it's as much of a crisis situation that some are making it out to be. Omeruo and Gibson is a CB pairing we've had before and hasn't performed badly. I have a lot of faith in Nsue from what i've seen. He is yet to put a foot wrong at RB.

Blackman and Mejias is a different story though. If we play Mejias, Millwall will, as has been pointed out, just thump it into the box all day (which to be honest is probably all they were planning on doing anyway). RE Blackman, we really don't know anything about him so it's always a gamble in that regard.

As i said before, we really need the win!

So Blackman in goal, Nsue to replace Freddy, and Gibson - Omeruo at centre back.

Not great having 3 of our back 5 unavailable, especially for a must win game. Hopefully the lads will be up for it.

Not having Dimi is the only issue for me. But hey we heard the panic from Blackburn fans not having steele available fir them and that didn't work out too bad for them.

This is still a game within our capability to win by 2+ goals

I don't think it's as much of a crisis situation that some are making it out to be. Omeruo and Gibson is a CB pairing we've had before and hasn't performed badly. I have a lot of faith in Nsue from what i've seen. He is yet to put a foot wrong at RB.

Blackman and Mejias is a different story though. If we play Mejias, Millwall will, as has been pointed out, just thump it into the box all day (which to be honest is probably all they were planning on doing anyway). RE Blackman, we really don't know anything about him so it's always a gamble in that regard.

As i said before, we really need the win!

I thought Blackman had a decent game against Liverpool apart from the 'howler'. He made a couple of good saves and actually caught the ball on a few occasions. I'd be more confident with him in goal than Mejias

The Gibson and Omeruo partnership is brilliant but if Ayala is out we don't have a player that we know is reliable to fill in if needed and if it is the Spurs lad for example how rusty will he be.

Nsue has done a fine job at filling in at RB, IMO If something happens to him we don't have anyone good enough to fill in.

Blackman will be rusty unless hes been playing for the U21s even then there is doubts if hes good enough.

Mejias = More dropped points.

We cant afford anymore injury's in the defensive areas at least until the transfer window opens.

I'd like to think that Mejias has trained hard over the last three months to rectify his weakness in the air. It's probably not popular but I wouldn't mind seeing how he does now - providing he has shown in training that he has improved in the box.

We're pretty fortunate to have such good strength in depth at RB, with our 3rd choice RB still looking pretty good. Nsue has impressed me whenever he has played so I'm not too majorly concerned, in the short term at least. Rhys Williams shouldn't be out for too much longer so he could be a very welcomed addition to give cover at RB, CB and CM.

I'd have Kike back up front in a flash. Kike can mix it and away from home thats pretty important. I wasnt overly impressed with Vossen in front of goal, although his link up play was ok when he was involved. The quicker we get Kike firing again the better.

Nsue was much better than Freddy when he came on the other day. I can see him making the position his own. Conversely, kike came on and didn't put in a whole lot of effort, especially after loosing the ball, so id stick with vossen

Vossen deserves a run in the side now, I believe him and Bamford could build a special partnership. Was very impressed by them on Saturday, especially Bamford!

Vossen deserves a run in the side now, I believe him and Bamford could build a special partnership. Was very impressed by them on Saturday, especially Bamford!

The only thing i'd say is that we own Kike so i'd like him to play and improve with one of the loan players