oneBoro Forum

Hignett leaves the Club

A lot more going on here than we know. I'd expect the Assistant Manager role is something AK is used to working as. A well known Assistant under Jose, AK will probably have a very good idea of the type of role he wanted Higgy to play. If he is not living up to this then we could have seen the beginning of a new regime. I don't buy into this one mistake and your out mentality. That's cod's wallop. My worry is the Assistant is often the buffer between the players and the Manager. When someone has a genuine grievance it can be a good Assistant to smooth things over; with Higgy gone it could be a sign that the respect between the players and the Management was perhaps becoming a little too friendly. As in all these things, time will tell.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Why try to fix something that wasnt broken, just look at our record since higgy came in, shocking decision on karankas part. feel we will really suffer due to this

During match days Karanka and Hignett never discuss tactics or anything at all really, the only time Karanka would talk to Hignett was to moan about a referee decision. Hignett never gives the team instructions and rarely ever goes to the touch line, the theory about him telling the players to go to the corner flag is rubbish. I don't actually think anyone told the players to keep the ball in the corner flag.

It was Higgys stupid idea to keep the ball near the corner flag from the 87th minute which got us off our game,

2+2 and all that.

But to be honest I wouldn't have anyone on my coaching staff if they wanted to play like that.

I trust AK will replace him with someone better.

You really need to get over this.

Sad to see higgy going but whichever one made the decision, im sure karanka or gibbo did not take the decision lightly and there is good reason.

Why try to fix something that wasnt broken, just look at our record since higgy came in, shocking decision on karankas part. feel we will really suffer due to this

Why wait until it's completely broken when you can see the cracks already and fix it in due time. We don't know what has happened other than an apparent fallout between the two. Could be Higgys fault, could be AKs fault, hell it could even be Lambs fault.

You can't compare the team now to the team that was still poor when Higgnet came in. A lot has changed since and the players we have now are all Karanka signings or players he has deemed good enough to stay.

I'll be surprised if this has any major effect, as I really don't think Higgnet had a big say on the team as a Whole. I do think that he has been an important figure at the Club and to Karanka during Karankas stay so far, but for various reasons unknown to us Karanka wants a new number 2.

I think whatever the reason the club need to come out with something as to why this has happened otherwise it will just build and build like the McDonald saga and if the team starts losing or goes on a bad run this will be the reason why and the fans will start kicking off. You can almost see/hear the doyles on bbc tees and facebook now.

If, it was a massive argument likes been suggested, what could it have been over? Obviously due to timing this is most likely be due to the Blackburn game?

* playing in to the corners

* Higgy taking the ref's side? :)

* Disagreement over leadbitter taking corners?

* Higgy flirting with mrs Karanka ? :)

either way i'm sad to see him go, but I think we'll be off to join Hasselbank possibly :)

It was Higgys stupid idea to keep the ball near the corner flag from the 87th minute which got us off our game,

2+2 and all that.

But to be honest I wouldn't have anyone on my coaching staff if they wanted to play like that.

I trust AK will replace him with someone better.

How do you know that was his idea may I ask?

I don't, I was saying it partly in jest and partly that they might be some truth to it, Who knows. I honestly think that's why we lost the game and now Higgy lost his job. It might of been hes idea. Maybe since the game they were debating it was the right or wrong thing to do, Higgy didn't agree it was a stupid idea so he got the sack.

We didn't lose the game though :P

@PTallentireGaz: He's not English but, when dust settles, Doriva may be a candidate. Knows English football, speaks the lingo, did well at Ituano. #borolive

OK lost two points and I'm still infuriated. If Higgy did lose his job because what I'm saying... Good riddance.

REALLY !!!!!!!

Youve invented a story and now claim higgy deserves to be sacked because of it .

You dont even know yet that he has been sacked , he may well have a job lined up .

But either way no one deserves anything for asking players to take the ball into the corner

And if you wanted the players to keep playing in the last mins when we are 1 up i wouldnt want you as a manager of a pub team