oneBoro Forum

Boro V Ipswich (A) 0-2

Well it is Game Day now just woken up and already thinking about the game.

It has been such a while since I felt this wound up and excited about going to a match even though I have a 2 hour or so drive to get there.

I know that anyone on their day can beat the other team and The Championship is constantly full of surprises, but with our record at PR I should really expect the worst of results shouldn't I?.

Is this the day when Boro lay down their marker and declare that they are the team to beat and overtake if promotion is your goal?

A draw or loss today and with results not being favourable elsewhere could see us drop to 4th or 5th in this very tight at the top Championship table but I do not want the slightly comforting factor of being only 3 points from 1st place (if Bournemouth's goal machine keeps winning) It would be fantastic to get a very rare win at Portman Road and then to look ahead to the next game where we could be top on our own merits.

THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........so far!!!!!

Without doubt!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Difficult game. But if we play like we did against Derby then I think we can pull it off.

1-0 Boro. 19,158 crowd.

they only decent team they've beat at home is watford. only decent team we have beat away is cardiff. what both teams have consistently done home and away is beat whats infront of them.

we have played most of  the decent teams at home already, they have played most of the decent teams away.

i predict our home record will be better than their home record for the remainder of the season. good luck on winning the away games ipswich because i'd rather have the away wins in the bag. i predict we will finish above ipswich because we will win more home games than them away games. we will both get about the same points from our away games and their home games. i also predict that everything i just said wont happen because its all just a load of crap.

I see you are not a fan of the guys observations then DK? :)

I actually thought it was a interesting piece and he has done some work on his thesis (post 104 for those who might not have read it) pity we do not have our own statistician on the forum (BU are you up to this?) however he has not factored that we have scored within the opening few minutes to pull apart his facts and figures :P

However if he is correct then fair play to him, the clever so and so!! :D

his why ipswich are going to win argument was based on us not playing any so called decent teams away. when they have only played watford at home who are decent. its a pretty post but its just a load of nonsense. you can only beat whats infront of you anyway. 

thing is we have a far better goal difference than them. we have had easy away games and they have had easy home games. will according to that guy's reckoning. shouldnt they be winning more convincingly at home than us away? i'm using that guys logic here lol

Other games of interest as we do like to look at how those around us are doing.

Blackpool V Bournemouth (has to be an away win? though a surprise home win would be brilliant)

Cardiff V Brentford (draw best result imo)

Derby V Norwich 12.15 on Sky (again draw best result imo)

Reading V Watford (like to see home win New Manager factor)

Forest V Leeds (Though we hate Leeds would like to see away win because of Forest being next oppenants)

they only decent team they've beat at home is watford. only decent team we have beat away is cardiff. what both teams have consistently done home and away is beat whats infront of them.

we have played most of  the decent teams at home already, they have played most of the decent teams away.

i predict our home record will be better than their home record for the remainder of the season. good luck on winning the away games ipswich because i'd rather have the away wins in the bag. i predict we will finish above ipswich because we will win more home games than them away games. we will both get about the same points from our away games and their home games. i also predict that everything i just said wont happen because its all just a load of crap.

I see you are not a fan of the guys observations then DK? :)

I actually thought it was a interesting piece and he has done some work on his thesis (post 104 for those who might not have read it) pity we do not have our own statistician on the forum (BU are you up to this?) however he has not factored that we have scored within the opening few minutes to pull apart his facts and figures :P

However if he is correct then fair play to him, the clever so and so!! :D

his why ipswich are going to win argument was based on us not playing any so called decent teams away. when they have only played watford at home who are decent. its a pretty post but its just a load of nonsense. you can only beat whats infront of you anyway. 

thing is we have a far better goal difference than them. we have had easy away games and they have had easy home games. will according to that guy's reckoning. shouldnt they be winning more convincingly at home than us away? i'm using that guys logic here lol

for any ipswich reading i did predict you guys to win btw so not bitter about the post coming out in your favour or anything, its just silly doing something that indepth but missing important figures and facts.

Other games of interest as we do like to look at how those around us are doing.

Blackpool V Bournemouth (has to be an away win? though a surprise home win would be brilliant)

Cardiff V Brentford (draw best result imo)

Derby V Norwich 12.15 on Sky (again draw best result imo)

Reading V Watford (like to see home win New Manager factor)

Forest V Leeds (Though we hate Leeds would like to see away win because of Forest being next oppenants)

Agree with this except I will always want Leeds to lose and lose badly. Forest are not going to trouble the top 6 imo. They have some great players it just isn't clicking. And I think they'll get the odd good result but plagued by inconsistency

Blackpool have picked up a few good results of late so lets hope they continue that today. Hopefully Bournemouth are a bit hungover after their cup game against Liverpool