oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn Rovers (A) 0-0

I don't have too many concerns regarding yesterday. We created enough chances to win despite the changes. Dimi was as good as ever on crosses and really eased the pressure in nullifying their set pieces which are perhaps their biggest asset.

Whitehead was solid enough at right back although he doesnt offer the support going forward.

I think Leadbitter Ayala and Gibson were quite rightly the players that seem to have got the motm awards.

On Kike he probably should have laid it off for Leadbitter and isnt his best game although he created Vossens chance and deserved a goal when he hit the post. He needs service to his feet thats when he becomes more effective. My concern with Kike is im worried that he is homesick or unsettled. The first couple of games he seemed to look like he was enjoying playing applauding players and joining in the celebrations. In some games he had the incident not acknowledging Karanka on being substituted and I think it was Fulham where he created a goal and looked annoyed more than anything. Having said that I think his contribution has been good so far and agree with some saying the nearest we have had to a Vidukalike striker in some time.

Mid season im very happy where we are. We are in a great position league wise, squad wise and being an attractive proposition in January if we are to delve into the transfer market.

Totally agree with you assesment of Kike , He thrives on balls to his body/feet and this is where my Viduka analogy comes in. He is absolutely not one to win headers all day if we pump it high and long

Lets hope Moyes wasn't there scouting him to go back to Spain

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last nights results came as no surprise did they?

Boro down to 4th and with a few points to claw back.

Thankfully the top 3 all have to play against each other and Blackburn on the showing of how they played could very well take some points from the leading 3.

Things are getting very interesting now and 2015 will be a year of a few surprises in terms of results