• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a must win game. Blackburn are terrible at the moment and we need to string wins together, it would mean the victory against Forest wouldn't count for much if we didn't get three points.

But the main reason is WE FRICKIN OWE THESE LOT. I remember reading their forum after the home fixture and it made my blood boil.

The big change is that Clayton is available for this fixture and if the Blackburn fans thought Grant & Deano controlled midfield against them, I fully expect Adam and Grant to completely over run them. I also don't think they have enough to score against us but a high pressing game still needs to be played. I expect Jelle to start for Kike and Reach in for Tomlin.

Cmon Boro

Was out early this morning and saw lots of fans gathering for mini buses and the like (all seemed to have a fair stock of beer in cases too,,). Boro on the road and all that. A note of caution though, Blackburn have two decent strikers in Rhobes and Gestede (isn't Rhodes the nephew of Agnew?) and we don't often get a result there, so this will not be a walk in the park. They have only conceded 4 goals at home during October to the near end of December, winning 3, drawing 2 and only losing one of their last 6 at home.

Not being negative, but we hate it when we visit other forums and they are all cocky - I reckon this might be a tight game with maybe a late Boro goal to settle it at 1:0.

Believe that things might get a bit tetchy from the home fans towards the Boro fans due to the racial element which spoiled things at The Riverside and I just hope that, and I believe they will, act in a manner that does not tar our supporters.

Back to the game, being away from home then Boro scoring first will be very important towards the result at full time

We need to defend higher up the pitch as I dont think Blackburn are blessed with pace up front. Gestede and Rhodes arent the type of strikers that score from long range either.

We cannot concede silly fouls, as we know they will just batter the keeper a bit like Allardyce of old. Although i think the referee will be aware of the previous going into this and I think Dimi will get the protection.

Will we see anymore of Rhys today? Like someone said the other day, I'm not sure he fits in and he looked patchy when he came on the other day - I know he has been out for awhile so I think I'm maybe being a bit harsh.

Vossen has to start today, he looked a cut above when he came on the other day. From watching us a bit more recently in person, I like how Reach links up with Vossen and Bamford, so I think he should start too.

My team:

Dimi

Nsue

Gibson

Omeruo (if Ayala isnt fit)

Friend

Clayton

Leadbitter

Adomah

Vossen

Reach

Bamford

2-0 Boro - Vossen x 2

i like the link up play with vossen bamford and reach. they are all nice footballers who like to pass it around and are comfortable on the ball.

just a thought on kike, when wilson got sent off bringing him down, he was rolling around on the floor, nobody seemed to bothered about him, bamford just kicked the ball towards him which hit him(softly) while he was still rolling about. just watching in made me think 'they dont like him'. do you think our spanish star is having trouble settling in? anyone itn heard anythig about how he gets on with the lads?

i maybe reading into nothing but its just a little niggling worry.

he may roll around all the time and the lads are like ffs whats he doing that for. so just let him get on with it lol

i like the link up play with vossen bamford and reach. they are all nice footballers who like to pass it around and are comfortable on the ball.

just a thought on kike, when wilson got sent off bringing him down, he was rolling around on the floor, nobody seemed to bothered about him, bamford just kicked the ball towards him which hit him(softly) while he was still rolling about. just watching in made me think 'they dont like him'. do you think our spanish star is having trouble settling in? anyone itn heard anythig about how he gets on with the lads?

i maybe reading into nothing but its just a little niggling worry.

he may roll around all the time and the lads are like ffs whats he doing that for. so just let him get on with it lol

I thought this at first, that a couple of Boro lads just walked by him. But that's modern game, a lot of players rolling about the place so the others just carry on. They probably didn't think he was actually injured. I see it happen in a lot of other games too so I wouldn't read much into it.

I think they would know when Kike is actually injured, I think (hope) that you are reading a little too much into that one.

The players all say that there is a togetherness and Kike seems to be semi-involved from the bits and pieces you see on Twitter and stuff from players like Tomlin and Clayton.

I cannot see their 3rd choice keeper having a similar game to before and they are going to have to come onto us more. We need to start well, I likened our start against Millwall to a typical Liverpool performance of last year, we need that today and get those 7000 on song early.

Playing Devils advocate to a degree because normally a lot of us would see a draw against Blackburn away as a decent point prior to the game starting but somehow this game has a certain feel to it and somehow there would be not many who would actually welcome a single point