oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Huddersfield Town 2-0

What a great time to see Clayton score his first league goal for the Boro, and I would imagine it would be a subdued celebration should that happen(or maybe not)!

One thing has been noticeable is that our home form has improved a lot this season and though perhaps not quite "fortress Riverside" it is getting close.

We all know that a win is needed especially with a home double header within 4 days so I would suggest that we will see an attacking intent straight away with hopefully a clear cut chance going to Vossen or Bamford to begin with or maybe Adam Clayton!

Sorry guys on this occasion I can not justify my seldom used phrase!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I would like to see Kike get a game , possibly with Jelle dropping to the bench , but other than that the team pretty much picks itself

Dimi, Kalas, Friend, Gibson , Ayala , Clayton, Leadbitter , Adomah , Reach , Kike , Bamford

subs , Meijas , Tomlin , Vossen , Whitehead , Omerou , Husband , Ledesma (Just for Red Rocket!)

A comfortable 3-1 will do me , topped off if Kike gets a goal or two

For some reason while Adam Clayton was with us he got a reputation for being full of himself and I think he had a few spats with his fellow players. Despite all of that our fans liked him enough to vote him Player of the Season last season which he won quite easily to be honest. He always had that Ex-Leeds Utd tag to content with at our place also and I'm sure there were quite a few who had gladly seen him go if he hadn't measured up but he soon won any doubters over. I see he hasn't scored a goal for you so he'll be trying doubly hard on Saturday I expect. I wonder what sort of odds the bookies will be offering? ;)

For some reason while Adam Clayton was with us he got a reputation for being full of himself and I think he had a few spats with his fellow players. Despite all of that our fans liked him enough to vote him Player of the Season last season which he won quite easily to be honest. He always had that Ex-Leeds Utd tag to content with at our place also and I'm sure there were quite a few who had gladly seen him go if he hadn't measured up but he soon won any doubters over. I see he hasn't scored a goal for you so he'll be trying doubly hard on Saturday I expect. I wonder what sort of odds the bookies will be offering? ;)

Hello Acetripper.

Hes seems like a decent lad and I think hes attitude is ok, He does seem to have an edge to him but I like that.

Clayton has been brilliant for us since signing and the lad keeps getting better each week imo, Whenever hes not in the team through injury or suspension we miss him a lot. Hes job is to dominate midfield with Leadbitter and the pair of them are a brilliant partnership in midfield arguably the best in the championship.

Clayton's not scored yet but to be honest that isn't hes role in the team although it would be nice to see him score a goal for hes efforts for the team.

I cant comment on how Butterfield has done for you guys because I haven't watched him enough but the deal for us has been excellent imo.

The thing with Adam and Jacob is now they are playing to their strengths. Butterfield slightly forward and Clayton further back and both teams are reaping the rewards for it. From what I've seen or read if a contract cancellation was offered and all monies and players went back to their former clubs. Neither clubs would take it and if they did both sets of fans would go chicken oriental...... It is one of those best result for all parties involved (but in this case it ACTUALLY is)

What a great time to see Clayton score his first league goal for the Boro, and I would imagine it would be a subdued celebration should that happen(or maybe not)!

One thing has been noticeable is that our home form has improved a lot this season and though perhaps not quite "fortress Riverside" it is getting close.

We all know that a win is needed especially with a home double header within 4 days so I would suggest that we will see an attacking intent straight away with hopefully a clear cut chance going to Vossen or Bamford to begin with or maybe Adam Clayton!

Strange that you cant use your phrase, i think this game is probably the most apt time for it, 2 draws in a row, fallen a bit behind the pack, the pack behind closing in, for me, this is a must win.

I've got Bournemouth losing and Ipswich drawing and us winning tomorrow in the Predictions League, if they come off plenty of rep points coming my way please.

Kike to start and score tomorrow - you heard it here first.

I've got Bournemouth losing and Ipswich drawing and us winning tomorrow in the Predictions League, if they come off plenty of rep points coming my way please.

Kike to start and score tomorrow - you heard it here first.

I'd definitely like to see Kike start tomorrow to give him a confidence booster plus with another game on Tuesday I think AK will rotate the strikers

I feared the worst when news of Adam Clayton leaving for Middlesborough broke last Summer. He was far and away our best player last season and the thought of him leaving wasn't good at all. Add to that the transfer of Ollie Norwood to Reading and our midfield was looking decimated. 

However, the acquisition of Jacob Butterfield and Conor Coady has meant we haven't missed either of them, in fact we've actually improved in the centre of the field. To be honest no one expect that outcome and it has also meant that Jonathan Hogg is now showing his full potential.

It's going to be a very interesting midfield battle tomorrow and one that I think will determined the outcome of the match. Can't wait! :D   

Must. Win. Game. 3 points is a must and anything less will be a massive disappointment and detrimental to our top-2 hopes, as I think at least two of our rivals in front of us will win. Can't afford to slip further behind. The onus is obviously on our strikers taking their chances. If they do that then we will win.

Strange that you cant use your phrase, i think this game is probably the most apt time for it, 2 draws in a row, fallen a bit behind the pack, the pack behind closing in, for me, this is a must win.

Very well said Adam, indeed this was a cunning ploy to find out whether or not I could use my seldom used phrase in the eyes of others :)

Due to what you mentioned and coupled with the fact that the Cardiff game is not a nailed on win we simply have to win to get some points on the board and to give us a feel good factor especially in the early stages of the year so this game COULD very well be THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON........so far!!! ;)

look at the teams below us next few games, brentford have the toughest run looking at these games, might be make or break time in their promotion push. if they lose all three they could find themselves 10 points behind us and even further behind the leaders. dont think they can catch up the automatic spots if that happens. norwich and watford look like they will win maybe 2 of those at least. if all goes well in january we could see ourselves have a nice gap to the dreaded 7th place. if we win all 3 games its still not going to be enough to get into first imo. we need to win several games in a row for that to happen. anyway just bored sat in the house alone with the baby waiting to go get the other terrors from nursery.

watfords next 3:-

Watford v Charlton(W)

Watford v Blackpool (W)

Bournemouth v Watford(W)

brentford next 3:-

Brighton v Brentford(L)

Norwich v Brentford (L)

Brentford v Middlesbrough(L)

norwichs next 3:-

Norwich v Cardiff(W)

Norwich v Brentford (W)

Birmingham v Norwich(D)

now look at the teams above us, if we win all 3 which will be tough but not impossible we might close that 4 point gap.

ipswichs next 3:-

Millwall v Ipswich(W)

Brighton v Ipswich(D)

Ipswich v Wigan(D)

derby's next 3:-

Derby v Nottm Forest(W)

Derby v Blackburn(W)

Cardiff v Derby(L)

bournemouths next 3:-

Rotherham v Bournemouth(W)

Leeds v Bournemouth(D)

Bournemouth v Watford(L)

PROJECTED TABLE at the start of February:-

Derby............ 54

BORO.............53

----------------------------

Bournemouth 52

ipswich...........52

Watford.........50

Norwich.........47

-----------------------------

brentford.......43 wolves will probably have more points tbh but cant be bothered guessing every teams results.

I've only been to the Riverside once so any recommendations for pre-match drinks would be welcome. I'm not the sort that enjoys 'heated' atmospheres. Somewhere friendly with hand-pulled ale and not too far from the Stadium would be good.  :D

walkabouts in the town centre has an offer on for fans with tickets. i doubt there will be much trouble for anyone. though there is always a few morons kicking about at any game. doc browns is closer to the stadium. i always used to go to the navigation before games. now i just turn up late and go straight to the ground.