oneBoro Forum

I think it was really important for us to throw down that challenge to the teams above and around us. We had a chance and we took it with both hands. Look at how it's payed off. Ipswich and Bournemouth have dropped points and that puts us in a great position, the momentum should be with us for future league games regardless of what anyone else is doing.

Brentford is going to be crucial. A win there will put us in the driving seat.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Thanks for that NB. Cardiff always do great extended highlights.

I will say take that with a pinch of salt though. Cardiff didn't control the game anywhere close to what that highlights package suggested. We were comfortable on the ball, didn't press enough in the first but dominated. It wasn't against the run of play at all.

I will say take that with a pinch of salt though. Cardiff didn't control the game anywhere close to what that highlights package suggested. We were comfortable on the ball, didn't press enough in the first but dominated. It wasn't against the run of play at all.

I was just thinking that. Looked a lot more dominating than it sounded on the radio.

A few thoughts. Definate penalty for Kike and I wouldn't complain had Clayton been sent off. What was he thinking going in like that. Suppose those two even up. Some great runs and crosses by Reach for both goals. The defending for their goal left a lot to be desired. Ben Gibson was right to be so mad when Jones headed the ball in.

One of the comments on that video is "Slade out"!! How fickle are fans these days? He's only taken them over in October when they were 17th and dropping, has got them up to mid table, and hasn't had chance to change the team around yet as it's his first transfer window...

Well, Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich and Derby have lost or drawn almost half their home games and have conceded on average at least 1 goal pr. game. Brentford on the contrary have a better home record than all of those. Ipswich is the best home team and we have already been there.

Thanks for the link NB Didn't realise we under the cosh like that and manage to score two breakaway goals completly against the run of play :P

I was just thinking that. Looked a lot more dominating than it sounded on the radio.

A few thoughts. Definate penalty for Kike and I wouldn't complain had Clayton been sent off. What was he thinking going in like that. Suppose those two even up. Some great runs and crosses by Reach for both goals. The defending for their goal left a lot to be desired. Ben Gibson was right to be so mad when Jones headed the ball in.

It was a classic case of him slicing the ball to the opponent, then trying to make up for his mistake. Apart from that, he had a good game.

The commentators were shocking on the Cardiff highlights. Apparently we scored "against the run of play" despite the fact that we completely bossed the game and the best they could muster was hoofing the ball into the box for Revel or Emnes *cough* err I mean Jones.

As for Clayton's booking, when I first saw it, it looked like Clayts went in late on Revel, but looking at the replay, Alex Revel lunges in off the floor for a 50/50 and realises his mistake. If Clayton rolled around on the floor after the tackle Revel would have been sent off for a totally reckless tackle

Also they've conveniently missed off a few of our chances (like Friend's free header in the first half, and Kike's header in the second) to make it looked like they bossed things

North Korean-esque favouritism on those highlights. Also agree with Luke's assessment of the Clayts tackle. I definitely see less wrong on the replay than initially thought, and I didn't even initially think it was more than a 50-50 when I saw it on Tuesday from my vantage point in South Upper