• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still buzzing. It's only natural we were under pressure and didn't play our own game in first half. It does take a certain time to adjust from playing against players with Noone, Gunnarson and Turner on the back one week and against players with Agüero, Navas and Silva on the back next week. Ok, it was the same week but you get what I mean.

But we adjusted towards the end of the half and certainly imposed ourselves in the second half. Our defence and counter attacking football has set a really high standard go the rest of the season.

From the city forum:

"They ripped our s*** defence yes. But Lampard hit the post and 3 stonewall penos?"[/Quote]

"3 stonewall pens LOL, 1 maybe!"[/Quote]

"You are an idiot if that's what you think.

Kolarov handball - stonewall.

Aguero grappled from behind - stonewall

Kolarov take down - difficult due to the way they fell but stone f*****g wall."

To paraphrase a certain pair of Manchester city fans:

Today is gonna be the day,

That they're gonna blame it on phil dowd,

But by now they should've somehow,

Found somebody else to blame,

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way they do, about him now.

Back beat, the word is on the street,

That Boro were the better team,

I'm sure you've heard it all before

But of the FA cup, you're out,

I don't believe that anybody feels

You should have had, a penalty.

Because maybe,

He should've given one for handball,

But after all,

None of them were stonewall...

They want to be a bit more concerned as to how we carved them open for 6 good goalscoring opportunities in the second half than whether or not they could have had some penalties.

Bamford goal

Tomlin miss

Adomah attempted lob

Tomlin post

Vossen volley

Kike goal.

They might want to think on that before Chelsea next weekend and Barca in the Champions League.

Still coming to terms with this result. Did we actually beat the champions of England in their own back yard? Not only that we kept a clean sheet with Dean Whitehead right back who I thought had a superb game!

Mejias was exceptional in the first half so that will give him a lot of confidence! And has anyone realised Tomlin has had his best games in a Boro shirt against PL teams (liverpool and city) ? Maybe he's better suited to playing against PL teams, could be a very important player for us if we go up

Mejias's shot stopping and general play was very good, but he really really needs to stop parrying shots back into the dangerzone, this is his major weakness and will always hold him back from being a really good keeper if he doesn't sort it out.

Mejias's shot stopping and general play was very good, but he really really needs to stop parrying shots back into the dangerzone, this is his major weakness and will always hold him back from being a really good keeper if he doesn't sort it out.

To be fair I only remember him doing that once. And I know, once is enough!

Anyone else get a bit annoyed when Deano got booked for timewasting? The amount of players and teams that have done that for much longer and much more blatantly this season without so much as a telling off is beyond counting!

The first thing i thought......

656157989_ScreenShot2016-07-11at13_50_24.thumb.png.2ce0f7b644fa690b71a74c29059d63d8.png

First post on the forum, so just to say that I am soooo! proud of my team tonight !! Just got back from the pub after celebrating with my lad, and just to rub it in we were drinking Boddingtons - `The pride of Manchester` lol, That will teach them for the rubbishing they have been giving us all week on their forum, and I always had a soft spot for the City fans until this week. Happy days.

Welcome to the forum Pikerman and you could not have picked a better day to make your first post :D  

Wow! Just wow, said at the start of the season something special is brewing but never expected this.

Tomlin had a very good game, and was involved a lot, I hope this kicks his season off now as although scored a few recently he's been a bit anonymous during games.

We know we have a good defence but to hold a team with those attacking players like we did gives even greater confidence for the season, as does the way we cut through them at times was a joy to watch!

We've played last seasons top 2 from the premier league in cups this season, both away from home and neither have beat us. Keep it going lads, all we need now is the fans to appear (and not the muppets off facebook) and get the riverside rocking again