Boro Vs Brentford (Away) 1-0

100% Official Unofficial Cornish Boro Match Day Thread

Boro Vs Brentford

Skybet Championship

Griffin Park

31st January 2015

12:15

Live on Sky Sports 1

We won... We actually ruddy won!!  I did not think I would be typing this thread up.  

But I am....

And for this I am happy.

So now back down to whats important.  Back to the Championship and what is one of our most difficult ties of the season away against a high-flying Brentford side chasing our heels somewhat.

The only solace for us is that this is one of many upcoming Boro games to be shown on TV (WERE BEING NOTICED!!!) and previous games on'telly have normally resulted in very good performances from us.

As if we need reminding.. Here's what happened last time round:

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WS19D73eIM

Thunder*** from Grant?  CHECK

Clean Sheet?   CHECK

Bamford and Kike goals?  CHECK

I would be over the moon with a similar performance but Brentofrd are on a very very good vain of form and can even go above us if they beat us in the league.

This is where we see how good a team we are.  Karanka will have no doubt put Saturdays euphorics and plaudits well and truly to bed and focus purely on this game.  Will we have a post-scalp come-down or will be show the rest of the league that we mean business?

Last games

Boro 2 - 0 Manchester City

No further comments your honour...

Norwich 1 - 2 Brentford

Astute and professional performance from Brentford.  Who consolidate their well-deserved position in the play-off places. 

View From the Other Side:

To be added.  Awaiting registration confirmation from forum admin.

Talking Points

Our new signing will add a bit more fuel to this fire... And that's Forshaw!! (Geddit?!)

Who the bloody hell do we start after Saturday?  Tomlin has to keep his place.  Has to.  You could argue that away from home Kike will get a start.  But that would be unfair on Vossen, who did play well himself.

Is this sort of game more suited to Reach to start?

Is 3 points the only option here?  I personally think getting a point out of this game is a very good outcome.

Will Adam Forshaw score?

Over to you me 'ansums.

Cornish

heart.gif 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

dont have a clue what to expect here. i'm hoping that we can assert our system on them and take control. but you would think they would be more of a challenge this time. if we score first we'll win i reckon, same goes for them. this is our toughest fixture for ages to get a win would be brilliant

i'm going to go with my heart and say 2-0 boro. we will get an early goal for a change and then nick another in the second half on the counter.

coming fixtures:-

charlton (H) they are awful atm surely a home banker (W)

Blackpool(a) improving but still worst team in the league (w)

birmingham(a) their good form has gone 3 points to us? (w)

leeds (h) they are in freefall another home banker for us (w)

bolton(h) the new manager syndrome has wore off now (w)

sheff wed (a) after losing the home game revenge time (w)

millwall (h) we will be massive favorites again another (w)

we must win alot of them games to stay in the automatic spots the games get tougher after this.

i always try and gauge how our form is by ten game periods. first 10= 17 points, second 10= 19 points. current last 7=14 points. win 2 of the next 3 and that would be an improvement on the first two periods. i'd be happy with that. a loss wouldnt be the end of the world but winning all 3 would give us 23 points which on track for an automatic spot.

Another top drawer thread Cornish, I hope your run continues :)

Reckon we'll go with:

-------------------Dimi-------------------------

---Kalas---Omeruo-----Gibson---Friend------

-------Leadbitter------Clayton-------------

-Adomah-------Tomlin---------Reach-------

-----------------Bamford----------------------

Harsh on Whitehead, Vossen and Kike, but obviously everyone played well, and we can only put 11 out!

I have a sneaking suspicion that Deano might actually start RB, given his performance last week and the fact that Karanka thinks highly of him. Only other question mark is Omeruo, who I'm 90% sure will start, but maybe Karanka might fancy giving Woody a game. That would obviously be great for him, but a real indicator of how far Omeruo has fallen.

I did hear that Fredericks might be back for this one, but I think that he would, at best, make the bench along with Forshaw.

1-0 to the Boro, Vossen coming off the bench to break the deadlock late on.

Its massive game for us we need to be on our A game. A full house, TV audience and an opposition that can go above us.

If results go against us we could end up only 3 points off 7th place and 4 away from automatic promotion.

This is no time for a typical boro performance and this weekend will be a real test of our character and credentials for promotion. We also have the opportunity to put pressure on those around us by going top.

I think a point there would be a good and valuable point honestly. Then the run following looks favourable and will hopefully help us cement ourselves in that top 2 or 3 sides.

I think after his goal you need to start Kike, he will be on a high and I think if you want to get him on a run you have to go and give him momentum.

Has Ayala been ruled out injured or is he available? Same with Kalas actually?

--------------Dimi-----------

Kalas---Ayala------Gibbo---Gorgeous

------Leadbitter--Clayts-----------

BamBam-------Tomlin--------Adomah

--------OleOleOleOleKike----------

Head says 1-1

Heart says 1-0 Boro. Kike either way.

I think a point there would be a good and valuable point honestly. Then the run following looks favourable and will hopefully help us cement ourselves in that top 2 or 3 sides.

I think after his goal you need to start Kike, he will be on a high and I think if you want to get him on a run you have to go and give him momentum.

Head says 1-1

Ayala has a 2 match suspension for picking up 10 yellows this season.

Every game now for ages we have made loads of v good chances. Occasionally it all comes together as at Millwall. 4 up by half time. I sense that this is another good chance conversion day. 4-1 to Boro. They will be disappointed with the 1 :)

Kike must start. A rest for Albert and the Bam. Vossen and Reach in. George never seems to get a break. Husband never gets a chance. Give him a go or he will get thoroughly peed off. Wildschut to get half an hour and score. The new Adam on for grant for the last 10 mins when we are cruising. Job done! Anything wrong with a bit of optimism?

I agree that it will be a massive test of character after the huge high of last weeks win at Man Ciy. Brentford are very strong at home and our away form in the league has tailed off so I'm expecting it a tough game. If Brentford set up to be open and expansive I think that will suit our style as it gives us the space to counterattack sides. It's crazy to think that there are only 19 league games remaining.

Every game now for ages we have made loads of v good chances. Occasionally it all comes together as at Millwall. 4 up by half time. I sense that this is another good chance conversion day. 4-1 to Boro. They will be disappointed with the 1 :)

Kike must start. A rest for Albert and the Bam. Vossen and Reach in. George never seems to get a break. Husband never gets a chance. Give him a go or he will get thoroughly peed off. Wildschut to get half an hour and score. The new Adam on for grant for the last 10 mins when we are cruising. Job done! Anything wrong with a bit of optimism?

Erm.....Vossen on the wing ?

Erm.....Vossen on the wing ?

I'd hope he means Tomlin on the wing and Vossen up front

Head says 1-1

Ayala has a 2 match suspension for picking up 10 yellows this season.

Oh yeah that's right. Alright sub Omeruo in for Ayala.