oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Brentford (Away) 1-0

I'm expecting quite a few changes, something like...

Dimi

Kalas omeruo/woodgate Gibson friend

Leadbitter clayton

Adomah Tomlin reach

Kike

I actually wouldn't mind seeing husband, deano or new Adam for this game but isn't it great having a top quality squad at your disposal for once!

I watched us demolish Brentford earlier in the season and I'm surprised they are still up there, but we must look to match them and get three points

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

brentfords fullbacks press forward alot especially their left back. if bamford goes missing on the right due to his cutting in movement we will get butchered down the right hand side.

if bamford starts right wing i'll show my *** in binns window. adomah and reach will play. dont know who the other forwrds are going to b. i suspect tomlin and kike though.

This potential line-up is called 'defend and shoot', as Aitor goes for a scrappy 0-1 victory:

---------------------Dimi-------------------------

--Whitehead----Kalas----Gibson----Friend----

---------Leadbitter------Clayton---------------

---Bamford-------Tomlin---------Adomah---

--------------------Kike-------------------------

- No balance at all with the front 4, but hey, they'll be good for a goal

- No attacking thread whatsoever from Whitehead, but hey, we only need one goal

- Omeruo does not look assured at moment and Kalas is solid - sorry big Ken but you might miss out

we're at the start of 7 games in 21 days, all players will get a runout at some point over the course of this even friend will be rested,  heard it here first :)

So there is no need to rest the most important players in arguably our toughest League fixture in that run.

Brentford to their credit are flying especially at home, and without doubt are probably really looking forward to the trip of Middlesbrough FC, their fans, players and the TV cameras to show the world that they can gain revenge for the drubbing they got when the reverse fixture was played.

AK will be fully aware of this and as such will put out the team HE feels will handle the early pressure that Brentford will want to impose on Boro, but equally a team that if taking an early lead could fully impose his style and methods to a winning result.

This could be a fantastic game to watch if you are a neutral and probably for both sets of fans as well.

There are certain games you know that will not be a goalless draw and this is one of them and hey if we were to lose this then we could potentially drop down to 6th place depending on other results, so for this simple fact and also because we do need to start winning again on the road I am going to use my seldom used phrase and declare that this is THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON........so far!!!

I thank you!

The players are going to need rest and rotation over the coming weeks but I'm with Borodane on this one, we need to be fielding our strongest side. Brentford have come on leaps and bounds since their defeat at the Riverside and fully deserve their place in the league. They deserve our respect, this is going to be a difficult game.

Depending on fitness, I'd have Fredericks or Kalas at RB, I suspect this is a game too soon for Fredericks. Deano has done a grand job there for us but we need to be playing a natural fullback who gets forward to create wing play.

Bamford's best position is at the front of the pack but I think it would be unfair to leave Kike out. We score goals when Bamford is on the pitch so I'd have him on the right with Adomah on the right, with Kike up-top and Tomlin just sitting behind.

-------------------Dimi-------------------------

---Kalas---Omeruo-----Gibson---Friend------

-------Leadbitter------Clayton-------------

-Bamford------------Tomlin---------Adomah-------

-----------------Kike----------------------

Brentford like to play football and I think this suits our style, soak up the pressure and catch them on the break.

The players are going to need rest and rotation over the coming weeks but I'm with Borodane on this one, we need to be fielding our strongest side. Brentford have come on leaps and bounds since their defeat at the Riverside and fully deserve their place in the league. They deserve our respect, this is going to be a difficult game.

Depending on fitness, I'd have Fredericks or Kalas at RB, I suspect this is a game too soon for Fredericks. Deano has done a grand job there for us but we need to be playing a natural fullback who gets forward to create wing play.

Bamford's best position is at the front of the pack but I think it would be unfair to leave Kike out. We score goals when Bamford is on the pitch so I'd have him on the right with Adomah on the right, with Kike up-top and Tomlin just sitting behind.

-Adomah------------Tomlin---------Bamford-------

Brentford like to play football and I think this suits our style, soak up the pressure and catch them on the break.

you say strongest side then leave out reach who has been our most productive winger with 7 assists. and play bamford there? back to stricken and mogga here square pegs in round holes :)

Reach will start after being left out last week. bamford and vossen are possible other players to be rotated out.

like someone said above i think you might have point about omeruo being behind kalas at cb with whitehead staying in. i'd prefer omeruo coming in though he is quite good at dealing with teams who play on the floor. imo

We need to win this game because we have a congested fixture list in February and there will likely be points dropped so IMO we need to bag these 3 points, Brentford have done excellent this season but If we have the right attitude towards the game we will win.

I think we will win... Anything less than 3 points will be very disappointing IMO.

Don't forget the least 10 games are tough, We need to take all 3 points in games like this.

-Adomah------------Tomlin---------Bamford-------

you say strongest side then leave out reach who has been our most productive winger with 7 assists. and play bamford there? back to stricken and mogga here square pegs in round holes :)

Reach will start after being left out last week. bamford and vossen are possible other players to be rotated out.

like someone said above i think you might have point about omeruo being behind kalas at cb with whitehead staying in. i'd prefer omeruo coming in though he is quite good at dealing with teams who play on the floor. imo

In a moment of idiocy, which I'm going to blame on lack of sleep. I put Adomah and Bamford on the wrong sides. My right isn't the right side on the team sheet haha, I've corrected it. I actually put the wingers in last because I did ponder over it for a little while. :D

It's interesting that you suggest that that system is back to Strachen and Mogga, when Karanka has employed it this season on quite a few occasions with positive results.

Reach has come on leaps and bounds and in the coming weeks with the games coming thick and fast, he's going to get more than the odd run out. I just don't think we should make too many changes to the side that beat City for a top of the table clash, think they pretty much earned the right to play again and it's difficult to drop them. I felt bad leaving Deano out because he had an excellent game. Vossen had a fairly quiet game but worked his socks off, I just think after scoring Kike needs a chance.

Strange stat but this will be the first time this season we have won 3 league games on the trot should we win and also the first time a M/D author will get to do a fifth thread on the spin

aaaaaannnnnnnnnddddd jinxed!

Im onto a good thing here DS. Trust me. We got this...

Let me immediately dispel the myth that I have put the mockers on the result lol!!!

Others around us have gone on an impressive winning streak whilst as yet we have not done so as far as the league is concerned and Saturday will certainly help to eradicate some of the draws we have had so far.

Honestly think after Kike finally got his goal, it would be stupid to drop him. As with Tomlin and his great performance. Hoping for a win but it will be tough. 1-0 if we do it.

Dimi

Whitehead - Kalas - Gibson - Friend

Clayon - Leadbitter

Bamford - Tomlin - Adomah

Kike