oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Brentford (Away) 1-0

Brentford`s full backs are very strong on the overlap so I think Karanka will concentrate on nullifying that threat, so don`t expect to see Kalas and Friend move to far out of their defensive roles. Leadbitter and Clayton will continue to provide the cover in front of the back four, the big question, as we have all said is, what do you do with the four forward positions. Vossen/Kike/Bamford into one does not go and of the three I would have Kike with his back to goal anytime with possibly Vossen working hard behind him and the two wingers in Adomah and Reach, but that means leaving Tomlin on the bench, which would be difficult after last Saturday`s show, but he has yet to prove he can link up that gap in the middle of the team. In a way a nice problem to have but Saturday will be interesting, personally a point would be very nice thank you, especially with Ayala missing.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make my mind up who to play. We have a strong squad that isn't weakened when others play, which is an absolute god send, especially with the heavy fixture list coming up over the next month or so. I bet if you asked who our strongest 11 was we would end up with numerous teams, which in years gone by wouldn't have happened. I think the only constants would Friend, Leadbitter and Clayton. Ayala is a big miss he has been immense this season, most improved? Potentially yes. This game will be played by two good footballing sides and it will be a battle to gain the upper hand at first but i feel we have that bit too much for Brentford.

------------------Dimi------------

Kalas---Omeru---Gibson---Friend-

--------Clayton---Leadbitter-------

Adomah-------Tomlin-----Bamford-

--------------Kike-------------------

2-0 Boro

Strange stat but this will be the first time this season we have won 3 league games on the trot should we win and also the first time a M/D author will get to do a fifth thread on the spin

I mentioned that a game or 2 ago... Very strange for a team at the top of the table...

Its time to go on a long winning run.

UTB.

if we do have a good winning run of 7 or 8 on the bounce like all the other teams have had they we would find ourselves clear at the top. i think we have been the most consistent team this season all we are missing is that long run of wins to cement our dominance.

Strange stat but this will be the first time this season we have won 3 league games on the trot should we win and also the first time a M/D author will get to do a fifth thread on the spin

We beat Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Brentford on the bounce back in September

It would seem like "typical boro" if we were to lose this one after such a good win at the weekend, but it'll be a tough game - happily take a draw on it.

I see us being:

-------------------Dimi-------------------------

Whitehead---Kalas-----Gibson---Friend------

-------Leadbitter------Clayton-------------

-Bamford-----Tomlin---------Reach-------

-----------------Kike----------------------

We beat Huddersfield,  Cardiff, and Brentford on the bounce back in September

You are quite correct I stand corrected, but hopefully this will be the second time and on from there :)

You are quite correct I stand corrected, but hopefully this will be the second time and on from there :)

hmmm is this a sign we are going in win lol

I think some people are missing the point with why Bamford has been playing on the right.

It allows us to have two strikers on the pitch instead of one, and when we are in possession/attacking, Bamford has a license to drift in from the flanks and make runs in between full backs and defenders. When we are out of possession, Bamford will take up a position in right midfield to allow us to keep a solid, tight defensive shape.

Obviously the idea of this is to have an attacking right back on the pitch (Damia, Fredericks, Nsue) to provide the width that previous posters have said we were lacking in the first half (I agree), rather than having a defensive and central player playing out there (Whitehead, Kalas, Rhys).

Yup, totally right. Bamford plays on the right as an "inside forward" and AK balances the width by playing a winger on the left usually and an overlapping RB. If we have a left winger with chalk on his boots then we still play with the full width of the pitch but it allows Bamford to cut inside and attack central areas. For the most part, I think he does a very good job out there. Sure he is probably more natural in the Centre but we don't and 90% of the time won't play 442. So it's on the right or on the bench.

Good observation there DK.............spooky :)

Good observation there DK.............spooky :)

i'm famous for being quick off the mark ;)

For me it has to be

Dimi

Kalas-Omeruo-Gibson-Friend

Clayton-Leadbitter

Bamford-Tomlin-Adomah

Kike

2-0 Bamford & Kike

Looks like the likely starting team I would say, a case for Reach maybe but probably the starting 11

For me it has to be

Dimi

Kalas-Omeruo-Gibson-Friend

Clayton-Leadbitter

Bamford-Tomlin-Adomah

Kike

2-0 Bamford & Kike

Looks like the likely starting team I would say, a case for Reach maybe but probably the starting 11

Yeah im not overly keen on Adomah on the left but he had a good game Saturday and we cant drop Bamford.