oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Brentford (Away) 1-0

Worst half of football Ive seen us play this season but we're 1-0 up wtf haha! just need to grind out the win now and this will be a fabulous victory because Brentford should have been a couple of goals up

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It worked the first 5 mins. It doesn't take a mastermind to adjust. And yes, it might be a part of a game plan but surely the players should be able to adjust a minor part of the plan if it turns out to be awful.

And Tomlin hasn't been that deep. The times he's been deep we've actually played some football.  

EDIT: Tomlin receives it high up, creates a chance. Next up: Gibson with another long ball.

We only need one of them to come off. And if the long ball gets the pressure off and the boys up the field a bit more, that's good. Just unfortunate if it keeps happening and keeps coming back :D

It's a bit like throwing a stick to dog and don't expect it to come back. Gibson is throwing sticks all over the place. 

Omg, am I really going to take all this back? ffs. 

Never a penalty. 

Never a penalty? Are you watching a different game?

https://vine.co/v/OtXAI9Ix7Mw

It might be my Danish humor. 

Disappointing performance for the most part. Brentford are pressuring us from the front and thus they are pushing right up to squeeze the space and leave no gaps. Obviously this gives us the option of the long ball as we've seen but constantly attempting that is a sign that we aren't capable of playing through them. People criticising Gibson need to think about where Clayton and in particular Leadbitter were because the latter basically vanished for a spell there when we had the ball. It's their job to get into space to receive the ball and they haven't been doing it at all. Leadbitter needs to step up and show this supposed quality he has. Good midfielders get a grip on games, even the tough ones. They don't disappear.

As well as that, Adomah needs to sharpen up as he just isn't quite with it, same goes for Ken who hasn't been anywhere near his best for a while now. The four attacking players need to become more slick as too many things are breaking down due to misplaced passes or poor touches etc.

That is the worst I have seen us play all season, and I include the Woves game, which was terrible. The negatives; Fredericks looks about 10% fit and is being run dry, Omeruo pulled out of position time and time again and Tomlin may as well have stayed in the dressing room for all the good he has done, mind you if we continue to launch big balls upfield as we have been doing, then the rest of the forwards may as well stay there with him, terrible tactics against this team. The positives: 1.0 thanks to their kepers rush of blood to the head, please do something at half time Karanka we cannot keep having this level of luck, we could be 4-1 down.

We arent keeping the ball enough and they have some really tricky players and we are diving in too much. Ifwe keep the ball a bit better and stand up a bit more we can score goals this half But i can see them scoring unless webuck up

Karanka loves to learn from the greats. What you are watching is the "rope-a-dope" plan that Muhammad Ali used to beat George Foreman in Zaire.

Aitor first used it at the Etihad and now here we go again! Hang on to your seats, guys! :D:D:D