oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Brentford (Away) 1-0

Massive win that, three points away from home against a promotion rival is huge. The first half was poor and we were fortunate to go in a goal up. The second half was improved, we used the ball better and as they were pushing for the equaliser we were able to exploit that too and we should have added a second.

Dimi, Gibson and Friend at the back were solid enough, Fredericks did ok but looked like he'd been out for a while and they were able to target that side of the pitch a lot, even the joy they had with crosses came from their right hand side into the right hand side of our penalty area. Ken wasn't good today and he hasn't been for a while although having said that he did do some good stuff to be fair to him. Just too many stupid mistakes as well.

I didn't think Clayton and Leadbitter had the best of games if I'm honest, both with and without the ball. Adomah I can't work out at all, he is just not quite there and yet he at times got in behind them (first half) and of course should have scored in the second. Tomlin did a few nice things but didn't see enough of the ball. Bamford did well for the penalty and his movement was good all game. Vossen worked hard enough and did some nice things but again nothing to show for it.

All in all I'll take any win but I would really like to see us go to a good side and really step it up. Having said that, if we can nick 1-0 wins like this against Bournemouth, Derby, Watford and Norwich then fantastic and that'll do just fine. Oh and did you see how pumped Karanka was at the end there? It looked to me like he started marching over to the Boro fans at the final whistle and then realised he'd forgotten to shake hands with the Brentford staff :)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth did we get three points from that, what a mugging. A very important wn and an improved second half but the cracks are still there to see, Ken was way off the game to-day and we still have not sorted the disconnect in midfield when Clayton and Leadbitter stay deep, and as for Adomah as a goalscorer, sorry it just aint going to happen, no composure on the ball. Can we swop Tomlin for their no 10 Pritchard, he was everywhere to-day.

Wow what a win! These are the wins that will matter at the end of the season. I thought Gibson and Dimi were excellent. Omeruo and Fredericks were less than convincing but they helped us get the job done. I thought that Jota for them looked a canny player.

WE WILL FLY

Poor performance in the first half. Insanely lucky to go 1-0 up, but stonewall pen. Dimi and Gibbo were excellent in defence.

Second half much better. Created plenty of opportunities and should've killed the game off. Adomah wasteful.

Dimi - 8 - rock

Fredericks - 5 - rusty

Friend - 7 - solid

Gibson - 8 - rock

Omerou - 5 - wobbly

Leadbitter - 6 - unbreakable

Clayton - 5 - passenger

Adomah - 5 - wasteful

Tomlin - 7 - inventive

Bamford - 7 - energetic

Vossen - 7 - creative

Karanka - 8 - mastermind

Boy was that a hard fought and ugly win!

Brentford to their credit are a far better team than last time we played them and Bournemouth have to go there so from what we saw then no easy points at Griffen Park.

Did anyone else feel that the ref tried his utmost to allow Brentford time to equalise?

Fair comments from GL and AK we were poor and simple chances missed could have cost us, glad this one is over to be honest.

Well done Cornish you now have your fifth m/d thread on the spin to do lets hope we get the win against Charlton this time to carry your run on

Boy was that a hard fought and ugly win!

Brentford to their credit are a far better team than last time we played them and Bournemouth have to go there so from what we saw then no easy points at Griffen Park.

Did anyone else feel that the ref tried his utmost to allow Brentford time to equalise?

Fair comments from GL and AK we were poor and simple chances missed could have cost us, glad this one is over to be honest.

Well done Cornish you now have your fifth m/d thread on the spin to do lets hope we get the win against Charlton this time to carry your run on

5 mins added on was a joke and the ref gave them more than enough time to score.

Was it really a ridiculous amount of added time though?

There were 6 substitutions so that's 3 minutes added time, Tomlin was down injured for a while in the second half and ended up leaving the pitch iirc so that must be at least another minute to add onto the 3. We had taken our time on every set piece and throw in for the entire second half so the ref can add as much time as he feels is right for that.

For me 5 minutes added time was completely justified in this game.

This game, out of all the games we have played so far, is the one that has now made me genuinely believe this could be our year. Normally, except this season of course, we crumble to the teams around us and don't pick up many points... or at leas tthats how it feels I don't have the stats to hand.

But for us to go away to Brentford who are flying at the moment, and put in a pretty poor performance, and get three points is fantastic. I 'd take bad performances and 1-0s every single day of the week. Before the game I'd have taken a draw so to win is awesome