• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the game in anyway in doubt due to the weather?.

They have no undersoil heating but will have heated covers. Temp is meant to be at around freezing/-1 overnight, so something to keep an eye on but as it's on tv they'll do their damndest to keep it on

I live in East/Central London - if it wasn't for Facebook, I wouldn't even be aware it has been snowing, so I think that there isn't much to worry about on the weather front...famous last words.

Also, it's a Sky game so even if it is unplayable, it will happen just like the Leicester game a few years ago

I've a mate who is a Brentford fan and his take is that it will be a difficult game for them. Would be happy with a draw but they don't draw (only 4 draws all season) so that's unlikely.

His player to watch for them is a spanish kid called Jota, who apparently has an amazing first touch  - reckons he'll be snapped up by someone bigger than them if they don't go up.

It is good to see you back posting again Teacider as you were away for some time :)

I've a mate who is a Brentford fan and his take is that it will be a difficult game for them. Would be happy with a draw but they don't draw (only 4 draws all season) so that's unlikely.

His player to watch for them is a spanish kid called Jota, who apparently has an amazing first touch  - reckons he'll be snapped up by someone bigger than them if they don't go up.

It is good to see you back posting again Teacider as you were away for some time :)

Thanks! It's nice to be back!

Thanks MMC and Tc. I guess both teams position wise are in a similar place so the expectations will be similar too. I don't think this result will define either teams chances at promotion, but it is always a great experience to test yourselves against your rivals. And a win, of course, gives a massive confidence booster and dents your rivals. So lots to play for!

Really looking forward to this one I have to say!

Hello everyone new member here, regular contributor on various other forums and blogs. It occurred to me the other day, why am i not contributing to the official 'unoffical' Boro forum? after all you're all a friendly and knowledgeable bunch and this seems the best place to be to speak to fellow smoggies!  

Bumped into Adam Forshaw in Nando's earlier, very level headed guy who was more than happy to stop for a quick chat but my god that scouse accent is rare around these parts and especially in the Boro changing room, the 6 toed Mr Hignett the last from those parts i believe.  

Still pondering a prediction and currently making my way through the Brentford forum but thought i'd introduce myself .

Welcome SOT to the forum and I am sure I have seen your details on various away forums I have looked at specifically our next opponents forums.

Glad to have you on board :)

Thanks DS i look forward to speaking with everyone over the coming months. Yes i do like a bit of banter with the opposition fans now and then and i must say the Brentford bunch seem up for it, they have faith in their team and back themselves at Griffin Park against anyone .

Welcome SOT.

I like looking at other teams forums too but for some reason you need to sign up to the Brentford one, Silly imo.

Thanks NB

I had a little discussion with one of their site Administrators and the excuse "we have high volumes of traffic on this particular forum" seemed a poor excuse to me. Take this forum you can view anything you like but then to post a reply you need to be a registered user and can't just post as a guest which is fair enough IMO , this site and forum seem to run smoothly enough with this system in place.  

Not on matchdays they don't SoT. Frequent server issues with high volumes of traffic! :(

Hi MMC what I've gathered from this forum is the server issues only apply when many users try and post comments at the same time for example when something significant has happened in a game. Admittedly my comment was a generalized view of how smooth the forum runs day to day rather that on match days.

I'd imagine the Brentford forum has enough members so that on a match day if many of those members posted comments simultaneously the server would suffer various cases of downtime if only for 10 seconds at a time.

Fair point though :)