oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Charlton Athletic 3-1

I would play a full strength team against Charlton and make some tweaks against Blackpool.

Dimi

Fredericks-Gibson-Omeruo-Friend

Leadbitter-Clayton

Bamford-Tomlin-Reach

Kike

I don't think Adomah was particularly effective at Brentford and Reach created two goals in our last home game, so I would start Reach.

Against Blackpool I'd probably rest Fredericks, Friend, Clayton and Tomlin for Kalas, Husband, Forshaw and Vossen.

It's a tough dilemma though, because we need to win all games but there are so many games coming up now, so rotation will be important. It's all about not making too many changes at once, so we may see my suggested changes being split over the next two matches. I reckon we will be in strongest lineup at ***nal.

3-0 to Boro in a match where we dominate.

I agree, Play our strongest line up against Charlton and get the 3 points on the board.. Then make a few changes against Blackpool because AK will play a strong team at ***nal... A few days after that I would make wholesale changes at Birmingham because we have the squad to do it and it keeps players fresh... Then back to what AK thinks is the strongest team the following Saturday against Leeds.

Rotation is going to be key over the next 9 games....Its a full week off after those 9 games assuming we get knocked out the cup. :dodgy:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I would play a full strength team against Charlton and make some tweaks against Blackpool.

Dimi

Leadbitter-Clayton

Bamford-Tomlin-Reach

Kike

I don't think Adomah was particularly effective at Brentford and Reach created two goals in our last home game, so I would start Reach.

Against Blackpool I'd probably rest Fredericks, Friend, Clayton and Tomlin for Kalas, Husband, Forshaw and Vossen.

It's a tough dilemma though, because we need to win all games but there are so many games coming up now, so rotation will be important. It's all about not making too many changes at once, so we may see my suggested changes being split over the next two matches. I reckon we will be in strongest lineup at ***nal.

I would be wary about making too many changes against Blackpool, remember what happened last time?

Dimi

Leadbitter-Clayton

Bamford-Tomlin-Reach

Kike

I would be wary about making too many changes against Blackpool, remember what happened last time?

That`s a fair point but Clayton went off ill and we hand no other cm on the bench to replace him.

Dimi

Leadbitter-Clayton

Bamford-Tomlin-Reach

Kike

To be fair, if Clayton hadn't gone off ill and we hadn't had to change our entire shape we might have won

these next two games are games all things as they are we should win and i hope we can do so without  making us supporters sweat ... hope theres no complacency  inthe team   and we can  do aprofessional job in both games    innevitably theres complacency a***st most supporters  maybe rightly so but  maybe its just me  that  worries over that having witnessed far too many dissapointments .

however i think gradually AK is conquring this  ... ie we still occasionally dont click but as at brentford  manage to  grind out a positive . 

hopefully at least one of these two games will  see a  goal glut for us  ....is that complacency haha

Dimi

Leadbitter-Clayton

Bamford-Tomlin-Reach

Kike

As others have already said, Claytons going off affected our tactics and preparation massively. Ledesma also started the match which essentially left us with only 10 players on the pitch for most of the match iirc. That won't happen Again, and I think the squad and AK as wised up considerably over the season.

However, any game in this League from Hell is a potential bananaskin, hence no game should be taken likely. We do have players for every position and they should be good enough to beat a relegation candidate.

Id love to see forshaw get a start. Looked very good in the last game. Time to rest leadbitter?

Hes had a week off, Let him have the Blackpool game off on that joke of a pitch.

Im not sure AK will rest him at all during this busy period... He should though... Friend should have a game off and all..... We have a brillint squad to be able to give them a game off.

Some players are just machines and able to play every game. Friend, Leadbitter and Clayton strike me as such players. They are disciplined and professional enough to not getting complacent

I think the way Karanka has rotated and saved legs should mean we have fresher legs than most other teams. Personally speaking I think the time for rotating is over. Play the strongest team that plays to our strengths & opposition weakness every game from now on out. If all goes to plan momentum will carry us along.

I think the way Karanka has rotated and saved legs should mean we have fresher legs than most other teams. 

Read that as 'rotated and shaved legs'.

There's one tactic, I suppose.

Good thread again cornish.

Found a better charlton forum/match thread here:

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/66311/middlesbrough-vs-charlton-ath-sat-7th-feb-2015-match-preview-teams-predictions-news-views

They don't seem very confident. I reckon we can be ruthless here and win 2-0 or 3-0.

Cheers BU! OP updated with your link