• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an early goal in this game is crucial for us, if we score first 20 minutes, there is only one result IMO.

I think we need to be smart with our selection tomorrow (which im sure AK will).

I would like to see us make use of Forshaw in these next two games and possibly think about resting GL on Tuesday.

Boro 3-0 (Kike, Vossen and Bamford - The holy trinity)

Might just go to this game. It's the first time I've been in the north east with a home game on at the same time In years.

Just sent you a pm Batmalan as Daniel and I are making the trip to watch the game, we will be paying on the gate so to speak :)

Been thinking a lot about this game. We should start strong if we get 2-3 up start rotating the busy players like Grant, Gorgeous and Ads Clayton. I would keep Reach for Blackpool and choose any two of Paddy, Jelle and Kike upfront. So for me (obviously not Ayala for the charlton game)

--------------------Dimi-----------------

Fredricks--Ken----Gibbo--Friend

----------Clayton-----Grant---------

Paddy-------Tommo-----Adomah

--------------Kike----------

With a view to the Blackpool game

-----------------Dimi-----------

Fredricks--Ayala--Gibbo--Husband

-------------Forshaw--Grant-------

Adomah------ Tommo-----Reach

------------Vossen----------

The bench will consist of the rotated players from each match plus

Mejias

Woody

Leadesma

Deano

With this busy schedule, When does Wildschut get a chance or does he? I would like him to get some more game time even if its 20/30mins here and there, I think hes pace in the last 20+mins of some games is a weapon we could use.

Feels like we're in for a big score in this one. Maybe should play a very attacking team again a weak Charlton, with Adomah rested, as he is perhaps the one player who hasn't really impressed me lately.

Dimi, Freddy, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Clayton, Tomlin, Bamford, Vossen, Kike.

3-0.

That charltonlife forum makes for some grim reading, the consensus seem to predict they're going to park the bus and try not to let too many goals through (one chap is predicting a cricket score).

Let's hope for a bit of ruthless finishing from Bamford et. al. No games are easy, but professional game from us should help us see out the win, 2-0 from me.

Edit: Can't really see Bournemouth, Derby or Ipswich dropping points either this weekend. Brentford with a tough game away at Elland road though. League table pretty much unchanged come Monday?

From what I have read this should be an easy win but of course it doesn't always work like that...

Scroll down and read... Their man in the know - Richard Cawley, South London Press.....

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matchfile-boro-v-charlton-8591879

Reading that and the Charlton forum this should be one of those games were hammer a team.

UTB.

For me, the immediate concern is getting as big a gap as possible between us and the likes of Norwich/Brentford/Blackburn/Watford (the latter two play each other tomorrow), cement our place in the top 6 and then we can concentrate on the top 2.

I genuinely believe that this week is massive, and we could come out if it with a few teams really starting to break away.

Just to add to that point, depending on how tomorrow goes, Tuesday night could see every team in the top 7 playing each other, except us, who are playing bottom.