• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

18points between 9th and 1st is huge.

1st and 7th is 10 points, which is more relevant.  But hopefully we won't need to worry about dropping out of the play-off places as we'll be focused on staying in the top two after Tuesday.

The one thing I'm reading a lot of is a variant of the phrase "neat touch by Tomlin" by the sounds of it he was at the heart of everything good we did today.

I think Tomlin had a relatively quiet first half but in the second half it was probably the best I've seen him play. The biggest difference in his game today is that he released the ball when he should have. But pretty much everything that came off his foot oozed quality today. Definitely my man of the match.

I thought Omeruo was much improved, though still not quite back to his imperious best while Gibson, for me, was pretty much always in control. I was reasonably impressed by Charlton and thought they made it difficult for us.

I did think a few of our players looked tired and not quite as tidy, notably Clayton and Bamford, and I think we're going to have to rotate over the coming month with games coming in thick and fast.

i've got nothing of any real substance to add to this thread but i just wanted to say that i'm so glad we've got vossen, he just oozes class.  i love him

I agree, Whenever he gets on the ball he looks top draw, He has great vision, Plays great through balls, Works hes socks off for the team, Team player and is a goal scorer... I hope he signs a permanant contract because I think he will score a lot more in hes second season and beyond.

We started brightly but faded pretty soon after, and rightly conceded as we were awful. Defensively we looked shaky for large spells of the game. Our full backs pushed up so much that our CB's had very little options to pass to so we resorted to playing risky balls or going direct. It wasn't pretty to watch but it was reasonably effective. We had too many players drifting around, switching positions. Players ratings:

Dimi: 6.5 -Made one good save towards the end but could he have done better for their goal?. His kicking was poor.

Fredericks: 7 -Pushed forward so often that he pretty much playing as a RW most of the game. Made some daft decisions to take players on when the option to cross was already there.

Omeruo: 5.5 -Poor performance. Done some good defending but was very shaky and made some horrible passes straight to the opposition. Regularly just blindly hoofed the ball up the pitch. Could have done better for their goal. Struggled with Fredericks pushing on so much. Ayala must come straight back into the side.

Gibson: 8 -Great defensively yet again.

Friend: 7.5 -Typical Friend performance; solid defensively and supported attacks well. Won a key header in the first half and a crucial block in the second.

Leadbitter: 7 -Poor first half but done better in the second half. Done well to play on after a foul to set up Reach, who's cross resulted in the corner which Leadbitter teed up Tomlin to score.

Clayton: 7.5 -Done well in possession.

Bamford: 7 -Yes he scored but he looked off the pace. His first touch was shaky all game. He got a whack to the face which made him lose his focus on the game, leading up to Charlton's equaliser. could have scored 2 or 3 goals if his finishing was better.

Tomlin: 8.5 -Quiet first half but still shown them few moments of quality which he is there for. Played some immense through balls and took his goal really well. Done well to pass to Vossen for an easy finish. Played some great through balls. His confidence rightly seemed sky high.

Adomah: 6 -Poor performance. Worked hard but provided very little creativity.

Vossen: 8 -I thought he done really well considering he had very little of the ball. He worked really hard closing down and when he got onto the ball he shown the quality he had.

Reach: Done ok on the whole. Had a few good moments driving at defenders. A few poor touches and passes though.

Foreshaw: Didn't get onto the ball too much but looks a technically good player. Took a good yellow card for the team late on so it looks like he will fit in well here.

Kike: N/A

i've got nothing of any real substance to add to this thread but i just wanted to say that i'm so glad we've got vossen, he just oozes class. i love him

Agreed, he was my MoM today, he leads the line well and very rarely gives possession away, he also wins his fair share of headers and flick ons, also his work rate is second to none. For me, we are a far better team with him leading the line, his 1 touch lay offs and passes make us so much more fluid going forward, sometimes he's a pass ahead of the rest of our team though, i think his brain works a little faster than a lot of the other players.