oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Charlton Athletic 3-1

Dimi: 6.5 -Made one good save towards the end but could he have done better for their goal?

Nope. Can't believe you've actually asked that to be honest.

i sit in the nw corner lower and there was nothing he could do about it. it was a fine strike

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a patchy performance but we needed to win and we got the job done without ever really looking like we wouldn't in my opinion. Tomlin was very good in the second half and his goal was an excellent strike. My concern is that these patchy performances are basically the norm now and we need to find a way to lift our game, especially as we come into the tougher sequence of games we have coming up in a little while. We got away with it a bit at Brentford, we can't rely on that happening all the time. It's easier said than done but if we want promotion then we need to find a way to do it.

Odd game and atmosphere yesterday, but I don't think may thought we were ever going to loose. Charlton were well organised, but the break after veli went off injured seemed to knock the wind from our sales. Second half, as someone's mentioned we had full backs playing high up so centre backs were forced into longer balls.

Omerouo was much improved, looked a lot more himself. Fredricks final product was frustrating but other wise he played well. Nothing dimi could have done about the rocket goal.

Leadbitter and clayton fairly standard, though clayton had a few switches that didn't quite come off though.

Bamford seemed off the pace but still got the goal, personally id be playing him upfront against Blackpool. Vossen barely got a sniff and although he worked hard, his hold up play is nowhere near as good as kike. Adomah was quiet. Tomlin was superb, playing with a lot of confidence and looks a world beater. His goal was fantastic.

This is interesting to me.

They play in different ways. Kike actually holds the ball up, slows the play down waiting for the right pass/run to be made.

Vossen is all clever quick one touch flicks and quick passes, he doesn't necessarily hold the ball up at all. I actually prefer Vossen's way of playing, someone said in the match thread (and I totally agree with) that Vossen often looks like he's thinking one step ahead of everyone else on the team. 

You have to remember that every other team will have the same run of fixtures and will find it equally tough to deal with if not harder depending on squad quality. Our advantage is we seem to be able to win anyway.

Dimi: 6.5 -Made one good save towards the end but could he have done better for their goal?

Nope. Can't believe you've actually asked that to be honest.

i sit in the nw corner lower and there was nothing he could do about it. it was a fine strike

I didn't realise how good a strike it was at the time until I watched the highlights this morning

First post in a long while. Also a bit late but anyway...

This was the first game I've been to this season and while it was obvious throughout the entire season so far that Karanka has built an amazing side, it wasn't until Saturday that I was able to completely appreciate that. Even when Charlton pulled back, there was no worry whatsoever that we wouldn't win the game and after seeing so many Boro matches in the last few seasons were we would throw it away after letting the opponent bombard us while we had a one goal lead, it was just nice to experience. The performance overall wasn't exactly amazing, but we got the job done and scored a lovely goal in the process.

Also it was good to watch Fredericks, it's not like he was MOTM or anything, but it was just refreshing to see someone in a Boro shirt who actually beats their man and puts a decent cross in on a regular basis.