oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Charlton Athletic 3-1

Well worth the journey I feel. Early goal all negative doubts put aside but Boro needed a wake up call and indeed got one after a first half where we were far too casual and complacent which was a surprise.

Second half much better, perhaps a telling off did the trick and a comfortable and professional result achieved.

Some well taken goals but Lee Tomlins was a bit special and worth the entrance fee alone.

Big shout out to Red Rocket (again on the post match show) Bib Boro Unger and Batmalan

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a weird day today.

The game seemed to go flat after Veljkovic was injured and that allowed Charlton to get back into the game. Boro should have read the warning signs before then though. I felt were too complacent in the first half, like we expected them to just collapse and give us a cricket score.

Karanka must have raised his voice a tad at half time because we shot out of the blocks after the break with a much improved performance.

Scored a few cracking goals today although I'm told Gudmundsson's goal was Sky's goal of the day. They clearly weren't looking when Tomlin's masterstroke went in! Tomlin really does have that bit of magic though, yes he can be frustrating at times but he's played a very important role in recent games and long may that continue.

Great meet up once again and it was nice to actually use the South Stand bar, great fun. Thanks to everyone for the comments on the radio stuff, I do love to waffle on about our beloved Boro. :D

Low post count today surprising in view of the interest level, hopefully Blackpool will be better.

Well done  CBB for your continuing run

I noted that earlier on - I think a lot of our contributors might have been at the game, which would explain less of a presence on here.

Great result although the game was very flat.

After going 1-0 up I honestly felt Charlton could be our trouncing but we allowed them back in the game. I don't know what it is but route 1 today and last week seems to have crept into our game. Having said that in spells we showed how much of a good team we are. Gibson for me will be our next England player and was again solid however his long balls were like last week aimless and very poor they seem to lack any thought. Overall a great result but very much room for improvement. Tomlin was man of the match for me great goal and overall his tricks and flicks came off today.

Great result although the game was very flat.

After going 1-0 up I honestly felt Charlton could be our trouncing but we allowed them back in the game. I don't know what it is but route 1 today and last week seems to have crept into our game. Having said that in spells we showed how much of a good team we are. Gibson for me will be our next England player and was again solid however his long balls were like last week aimless and very poor they seem to lack any thought. Overall a great result but very much room for improvement. Tomlin was man of the match for me great goal and overall his tricks and flicks came off today.

The long balls in the last two games are preparation for the Blackpool game because there pitch isn't fit to play football on  :s

Dimi: 6.5 -Made one good save towards the end but could he have done better for their goal?

Nope. Can't believe you've actually asked that to be honest.

From my view, which isn't the greatest to see if his view of the shot was blocked, it looked like he took a while to dive and still got a touch on it. After seeing the replay, it looks like he didn't see the shot until late so couldn't have done too much more.

Dimi: 6.5 -Made one good save towards the end but could he have done better for their goal?

Nope. Can't believe you've actually asked that to be honest.

From my view, which isn't the greatest to see if his view of the shot was blocked, it looked like he took a while to dive and still got a touch on it. After seeing the replay, it looks like he didn't see the shot until late so couldn't have done too much more.

Yeah from the south stand it looked like he should have saved it at first, looking at the reply it was pretty impossible to do anything with it though. some strike 

It's half 5 and I've been out celebrating in Sunderland. I've also come home covered in someone else's blood, these events are unrelated. Do not worry. Batmalan will protect you all from the evil.

Odd game and atmosphere yesterday, but I don't think may thought we were ever going to loose. Charlton were well organised, but the break after veli went off injured seemed to knock the wind from our sales. Second half, as someone's mentioned we had full backs playing high up so centre backs were forced into longer balls.

Omerouo was much improved, looked a lot more himself. Fredricks final product was frustrating but other wise he played well. Nothing dimi could have done about the rocket goal.

Leadbitter and clayton fairly standard, though clayton had a few switches that didn't quite come off though.

Bamford seemed off the pace but still got the goal, personally id be playing him upfront against Blackpool. Vossen barely got a sniff and although he worked hard, his hold up play is nowhere near as good as kike. Adomah was quiet. Tomlin was superb, playing with a lot of confidence and looks a world beater. His goal was fantastic.