oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Blackpool (Away) 2-1

Well I think i am right in saying that this is the first time this season we have a chance to go top whilst playing the same amount of games as the others around us therefore really making a place in the top 2 our own.

Team for me would be

Dimi

Kalas Ayala Omeruo Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Bamford Tomlin Reach

Kike

Think this will be a rather tough ask but I see us winning 2-0.

Kike & Bamford

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Congratulations on your win streak CBB! I hope it continues until the end of the season. :D

This is going to be a tricky game, no mistake. The state of their pitch is a concern because I don't know if it will suit our usual style of play. The past couple of games, we've haven't been great because of the route one football we have bizarrely been using in places.

This is the perfect chance for us to clinch an automatic place. I just hope that we don't falter in the way we have in the past when given a golden opportunity.

*tin foil hat on firmly*

Maybe he's been playing the route one stuff early in matches to practice specifically for using it more in this game. Every time he's used it in the past few weeks it's been early in the match, before we turn back into our old self second half.

Maybe he's trying to give them live game practice of how he needs them to play vs Blackpool.

*takes off tin foil hat*

For those of you that listened in after the game and heard Karanka's interview it became evident that changes will be made for this game, 2 or 3 i would imagine. IMO Ayala will walk straight back into the team in place of Ken to re-kindle his partnership with Gibbo as he is a safer and more solid option at the minute especially on a "bobbly" pitch like Blackpool's.

Agree with most on here that Kike is a sure starter in this game as he is a nice target man and will hold the ball up better than others. A question to be asked is Dean Whitehead a better option in a game like this and on a pitch like this? especially if Karanka wants to rest (rotate) Leadbitter or Clayton for ***nal. Forshaw could be a more than useful section for this game as-well.

Tomlin on current form has to start and cant see Adomah being rested although i would consider it myself.

My Preferred Team For Tuesday:

------------------Dimi-------------------

Frederik's---Ayala----Gibson--Friend

------- Leadbitter----Forshaw---------------

Adomah-------Tomlin-------Reach

----------------Kike--------------------------

Most Likely Team For Tuesday:

------------------Dimi-------------------

Kalas---Ayala----Gibson--Friend

------- Leadbitter----Clayton---------------

Bamford-------Tomlin-------Adomah

----------------Kike--------------------------

My prediction on Karanka's strategy for this match:

- We'll have all our goal scorers on the pitch to grab a goal, then shut up shop

- Very direct; Gibson to lump them up to Kike, to knock-down/flick-on for to Bamford, Vossen and Tomlin

- Full backs won't be asked to get forward, so Kalas will be in for Fredericks to annul any set-piece threat

- Too risky to leave out Friend and Leadbitter, as given the state of the pitch/importance of the match, a 0-1 away win will be priceless as either Bournemouth or Derby (or both) will definitely drop points at Dean Court on Tuesday

Starting XI:

--------------------Dimi--------------------

--Kalas ----Ayala-----Gibson-----Friend--

------------Clayton--Leadbitter------------

Bamford---------Vossen----------Tomlin

---------------------Kike-------------------

Finishing XI:

------------Clayton--Whitehead*------------

Bamford---------Forshaw*----------Reach*

*Subs on at 60, 67, 75 mins

0-1 half time

0-1 full time

We messed up the last time we played them because we took it far too lightly. Pitch or no pitch, Blackpool are a poor side. They've only won 4 from 14 at home and scored 10 goals there all season. So we need to get the job done with no excuses. On a few occasions this season when we've looked to make a bit of a move with a win we've messed it up but we can't afford that this time around. They're bottom for a reason.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/statement-of-fact-to-the-court - Can we all sign the petition to help the owner of Blackpool's site? Absolutely shocking what's going on at their club.

Already done. Their fans have a protest before every home game in which away fans are welcomed. Might go and voice my opinion before kick-off if anyone else is in  :)

I would leave in Gibson as he can play a mean long ball forward.

I would bring in Ayala for Ken as he Is our best defender and no doubt raring to get back in.

I would play Kike as our best target man using Vossen as an impact sub if necessary.

I would play Reach on the left as he has young legs and rest Albert.

I couldn't leave out Tomlin but would consider the pace of Wildschut and rest the bam as a possible impact sub.

I would consider the energy of Forshaw in midfield to rest Clayton.

I usually suggest resting Friend, giving husband a go.

2-0 to the Boro.

I hope the Derby Bmuff game is feisty with copious red cards all round!

------------Clayton--Leadbitter------------

Wildschut-------Tomlin----------Ledesma

Nice work cornishboroboy and Keep the run going...

Just been reading some of the Blackpool fans opinions on there forum and it sounds like a lot have just about gave up on the club the way its been run..... Surely this has got to be a very easy 3 points but in all honesty like I said the other day I would be very happy with a scrappy 1-0 win, There pitch disturbs me... Also for no logical reason I think we will slip up against Blackpool... Probably because there that bad.

I think it could be a lot of percentage football on Tuesday and hopefully our class shines when the ball falls to our players... Hopefully its a win and no injury's on that atrocious pitch.

UTB.

Can't use the pitch as an excuse, Blackpool are playing on the same one. If we play well we will win comfortably, but we haven't done that in a while, which is far more important than whether the pitch is a wee bit muddy or not