oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Blackpool (Away) 2-1

Can't use the pitch as an excuse, Blackpool are playing on the same one. If we play well we will win comfortably, but we haven't done that in a while, which is far more important than whether the pitch is a wee bit muddy or not

Its not just the 3 points though on Tuesday.. A pitch like that can easily cause freak injury's.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Can't use the pitch as an excuse, Blackpool are playing on the same one. If we play well we will win comfortably, but we haven't done that in a while, which is far more important than whether the pitch is a wee bit muddy or not

Pitch will be a factor. As this will be the 16th time Blackpool have played on it we have yet to play on it at all.... The one thing to our advantage is that AK always has a plan B and if necessary a plan C

Pitch will be a factor. As this will be the 16th time Blackpool have played on it we have yet to play on it at all.... The one thing to our advantage is that AK always has a plan B and if necessary  a plan C

I didn't say it won't be a factor. But if we lose it won't be because of a bad pitch, it will be because we put in a sub par performance against a very poor side

I would go for:

Dimi

Kalas

Gibson

Ayala

Husband

Whitehead/Forshaw

Clayton

Wildschutt

Vossen

Reach

Kike

I think that team is probably the most suites we have to playing on the battlefield whilst also rotating for fitness. Friend and Leadbittes would be good as they are battlers but this might be time to let them recoup. Bamfors is our biggest threat but not sure if he is up for a gritty match like this. Wildschut wont exactly be sharp but from what I have seen of him he looks a bit of a beast so probably suits chasing balls over the top/ attaxking the far post when reach crosses in. Puttinf players on opposite wings to their feet could play into Blackpools hands if they try to make this game a scrap. Not sure the bobbly surface would suit Tomlin hence Vossen behind Kike.

If Karanka manages to rotate, we get the three points, and the squad comes through unscathed i will be extremely happy.

--------------------Dimi--------------------

--Kalas ----Ayala-----Gibson-----Friend--

------------Clayton--Leadbitter------------

Wildschut-------Tomlin----------Ledesma

---------------------Kike-------------------

I can see by counting the dashes you copied my guess at defence / midfield! But I think the wingers came out wrong when you pasted :)

Dimi

Fredericks-Ayala-Gibson-friend

Clayton-Leadbitter

Wildschut-Forshaw-Reach

Kike

Whilst yes it would be good to give lots of fringe players some time on the pitch we me remember this is a must win game.

I wasn't able to glean the full details from reading that but it looks absolutely appalling. Just another reason why we love and treasure Gibson, imagine if we had an absolute toolbag like Karl Oyston in charge?!

basically from what I can tell is some stuff was said on there that Oyston/Blackpool didn't like.

The website won't divulge the identity of the poster that made the comments, and as such Oyston is taking action against the site itself because by law a website can be held responsible for what is said by it's anonymous members.

Really really stupid move on Oystons part though.

I wasn't able to glean the full details from reading that but it looks absolutely appalling. Just another reason why we love and treasure Gibson, imagine if we had an absolute toolbag like Karl Oyston in charge?!

http://www.nataseasiders.com/once-proud-club-2/

Poor barstewards. Makes you all the more thankful we've got a good owner.

Oh and with the state that pitch is in, I expect our most physical team playing. Something like -

------------------Dimi------------------

Kalas----Ayala------Gibson---George

----------Grant-------Deano----------

Wildschut------Tomlin----------Reach

-------------------Kike------------------

There will be a lot of long balls, a lot of fouls, a lot of scrapping and a routine demolition of a sorry Blackpool team on the worst pitch probably in the country. Championship level Sunday league stuff.

B8sTY2zIAAAax00.jpg

Thats what the pitch looked like before their last game, will be tough to play much football on that. Will be an awful scrappy game but surely our quality will show through 

B8sTY2zIAAAax00.jpg

Thats what the pitch looked like before their last game, will be tough to play much football on that. Will be an awful scrappy game but surely our quality will show through 

It'll be great for all the goal sliding celebrations  :cool:

B8sTY2zIAAAax00.jpg

We've got to play Friend. He'll be used to conditions like that, having grown up on a farm and all...

We'll win, I don't doubt that. It will probably be like the Charlton game. We won't steam roller them, but I am sure that we will have enough quality to see them off. Especially as a top-2 poisition i guranteed with 3 points. There will be some rotation and the players coming in will have a point to prove.

2-0 to the Boro with Kike and Forshaw scoring.