oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Blackpool (Away) 2-1

Having heard managers complaining about the pitch i thought they might have been exaggerating a little but that really is ridiculous, anyone who says the pitch won't have an effect on the game after seeing that is just plainly wrong.

Blackpool should be made to play their remaining games away from home until they sort the pitch out

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

There are enough pitches at the training ground so surely one of those will have been downgraded to Sunday League standards?

And hey if Boro can train at Redcar beach in the past then your suggestion RR would be part and parcel of AK planning regime

Surely they are breaking some sort of league rule with the pitch being in that state,

It's perfect for them though, they are training on that pitch too so they are used to it. Scrappy 1-0 win with no injuries and I will be very happy

B8sTY2zIAAAax00.jpg

Thats what the pitch looked like before their last game, will be tough to play much football on that. Will be an awful scrappy game but surely our quality will show through 

This was taken on the 31st jan the weekend we had all the snow which would of had a major affect on the condition of the pitch. The grounds men(I assume they have some :) ) have had 10 days to work on it so it should be in a much better condition by Tuesday.

Only 1200 sold for this, very surprised, thought we would have sold out ages ago

Actually James I think that this is testament to our travelling fans, a Tuesday night and with a good chance of maybe 2 or 3 hundred paying on the door!

You would not get that many Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan fans travelling to Blackpool on a Tuesday night and they are much closer.

I would also imagine that we will have more away fans than the Bournemouth and Derby game 

No ABH, they have 1 groundsman who works part time :( . I'm honestly not joking. The pitch will be in a similar state or worse.

Does he have a roller or does he walk around with big boots on

Only 1200 sold for this, very surprised, thought we would have sold out ages ago

Same here, I was actually at one point looking for a season ticket holder to let me use their number to get a ticket!

Actually James I think that this is testament to our travelling fans, a Tuesday night and with a good chance of maybe 2 or 3 hundred paying on the door!

Agree with DS there -  I'm hoping a few late starters get tickets today and a few just rock up and pay on the door.

Still, whether it's 1,000 or 2,000, pretty sure it will be the Boro boys and girls making all the noise tomorrow. 

B8sTY2zIAAAax00.jpg

Thats what the pitch looked like before their last game, will be tough to play much football on that. Will be an awful scrappy game but surely our quality will show through 

We've got to play Friend. He'll be used to conditions like that, having grown up on a farm and all...

Professional footballers should cope with playing on sandy mud. It's the donkey droppings they will have to watch out for!

No ABH, they have 1 groundsman who works part time :( . I'm honestly not joking. The pitch will be in a similar state or worse.

Is that legit?

That's ridiculous.

Unfortunately it appears to be. Reading through their forums is very, very grim. Apparently he works one day a week at their training ground and one day a week at Bloomfield Road and gets paid less than most other groundsmen at pretty much any club. Because he can't cover everything, when the pitches freeze over they have had to train on Blackpool beach (once again, not actually a joke, they did it before playing Man U when they were in the prem)

For more examples on how dire the Oystons' ownership is, check out the 'timeline of shame' I found and posted on the previous page. Ridiculous things such as Oyston refusing to pay for meals when they play away and coaches buying ready meals of lasagne and bolognese for pre and post match, not being able to pay for hotels as the club's credit card was rejected, players having to take kit home to wash them, the club being the only one of the 92 pro clubs in England which doesn't sort out players' registration with the FA, etc. That's without instances where Oyston called Blackpool fans 'reards' and more recently where he told a relative of his on facebook that she was 'scum' and needed to get 'a real job' (she's a healthcare assistant).

Feel so sorry for Blackpool fans, being run into the ground by the lowest of the low.