oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Blackpool (Away) 2-1

I think, looking at it, Naughty Boy is the closest to the money regarding the team. Not sure about Wildschut, just because he's been right out in the cold, and would be shocked to see him in the XI.

I think if Husband doesn't start, he will certainly replace Friend as soon as (if) we have a 2 goal cushion.

I would be surprised if Wildschut started but I think hes pace could cause them all sorts of problems especially if we can pick him out with balls over the top.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Actually the Wildman might just be perfectly adapted to the wild pitch the balls going to bobble and go all over the place as does Wildschut so he might very well be suited under the circumstances

Wildschut's close control is poor even on good quality pitches, so I dread to think how he will cope on Blackpool's pitch. His speed and physicality would be well suited though. I think we might line-up in a more of a 4-4-2 with: Dimi; Fredericks, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Adomah, Leadbitter, Clayton, Reach; Bamford, Vossen.

Push up the pitch and play direct to get the second ball in dangerous areas. We played more of a 4-4-2 against Millwall which worked well.

I'll think we'll rest Leadbetter, Clayton needs matches to get his match fitness back and running around in that mud will certainly get the muscles going, Wildman on as Sub when everyone else is too shagged to run

I'd play a team with as much experience as possible. Players like Adomah, Clayton, Whitehead, Foreshaw ....players that have played in the lower leagues and experienced those type of pitches.

We need to forget about the condition of the pitch and focus more on our qualities which should pull us through. Bournemouth, Watford et al have all gone their and won convincingly so there's no reason why we can't.

my big worry is the potential injuries that may occur after playing - It's not one for players that suffer strains easier than others, says doctor hamchop

That`s what I was saying the other day.. Its not just the 3 points at steak... With a dodgy pitch like Blackpool's freak injury's are much more likely..

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night with us potentially going top but I will be glad when this game is over.

If we win the game and don't get any injury's there will be Joy and relief.

UTB.

BCqtmM5CMAE3UwH.jpg:large

Pitch looks worse than last week

Pretty sure that picture's from about 2 years ago, someone took it and circulated it as an up to date picture. I may be wrong but I think I've seen it before.

For me, there has to be 2/3 changes. I know we have to take Blackpool seriously considering Derby/Bournemouth will be dropping points, but we still have to put out a strong team. Think having Kike up front will be crucial on a pitch in that condition so will need to be an outlet for more direct passing.

----------------Dimi---------------------

--Kalas----Ayala--Gibson----Friend--

------Whitehead--Leadbitter---------

---Bamford--Forshaw------Reach----

----------------Kike----------------------

I'd play a team with as much experience as possible. Players like Adomah, Clayton, Whitehead, Foreshaw ....players that have played in the lower leagues and experienced those type of pitches.

This makes sense, i would also play Tomlin who has played a lot of lower league football.

Probably play Kike up front I think his game could be more suited than Vossens for this game.

Wow this game has banana skin written all over it. I really think this has the potential to be a really hard game. Blackpool are a different team at home to away. At home they've lost only one of the last six, are unbeaten in three and won the last two with the aid of clean sheets. That's not really the forum you expect from a team rock bottom of the league.

Then there is us a team that has only scored once in the last four away games in the championship and that was a Grant Leadbitter penalty.

I think we may have to be patient tomorrow night to grind out a result we desperately need. Tomorrow is a real test of our mental game and will go a long way to deciding the outcome of this league we can go from chasing to chased.

Going to go with a 0 - 1 scoreline with Bambam to get the winner. Interesting fact when bambam scores we don't loose.

Wow this game has banana skin written all over it. I really think this has the potential to be a really hard game. Blackpool are a different team at home to away. At home they've lost only one of the last six, are unbeaten in three and won the last two with the aid of clean sheets. That's not really the forum you expect from a team rock bottom of the league.

Then there is us a team that has only scored once in the last four away games in the championship and that was a Grant Leadbitter penalty.

I think we may have to be patient tomorrow night to grind out a result we desperately need. Tomorrow is a real test of our mental game and will go a long way to deciding the outcome of this league we can go from chasing to chased.

Going to go with a 0 - 1 scoreline with Bambam to get the winner. Interesting fact when bambam scores we don't loose.

But in our last 4 games in all competitions we've scored in 3 of them, including 2 at Citeh. 

Generally speaking "typicalbrough" bar the Sheffield Wednesday game when any of our players score the team doesn't lose. On the other hand yes most of Patrick Bamford's goals have been very important to the teams results, he does also in most cases score our first goal if we do score more than one in a game that is.

You make a very important point that Blackpool are a very different team when playing at home and this does very much have banana skin wrote all over it. Hopefully we have enough quality within our squad that if they go onto the pitch and execute Karanka's plan correctly then a positive result is possible.