Boro Vs Blackpool (Away) 2-1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Really nervous about this game. But that's only because games mean so much at this stage. Banana skin in the making. Maybe years gone by, but all those old tags have been cast aside now (just keep telling myself that)

Come on Boro !!!

I trust in Karanka, so many of our usual myths have been banished that I'm really trying to let go of the banana skin mentality. If we lose it is because we didn't play our way and it has nothing to do with fate or curses lol.

My biggest concern is injury. We have a fantastic squad to cope with such a thing but coming to the big run in, there are players I would like to protect.

Bus leaves at 4 from the Riverside, nervous about this one but I think that's because of the real chance that has been presented to us.

Not sure about the Blackpool weather but it seems to have been relatively dry recently. The fearsome pitch may take a stud quite nicely, although they may decide to water it. Another issue may be mist, in which case an orange strip would be a good choice and white would not.

We won't be in white, we'll be in the blue/black away kit, surely

We are only wearing the White kit one more time this season and that's at Bournemouth.

Fair enough.

Wow this game has banana skin written all over it. I really think this has the potential to be a really hard game. Blackpool are a different team at home to away. At home they've lost only one of the last six, are unbeaten in three and won the last two with the aid of clean sheets. That's not really the forum you expect from a team rock bottom of the league.

Then there is us a team that has only scored once in the last four away games in the championship and that was a Grant Leadbitter penalty.

I think we may have to be patient tomorrow night to grind out a result we desperately need. Tomorrow is a real test of our mental game and will go a long way to deciding the outcome of this league we can go from chasing to chased.

Going to go with a 0 - 1 scoreline with Bambam to get the winner. Interesting fact when bambam scores we don't loose.

But in our last 4 games in all competitions we've scored in 3 of them, including 2 at Citeh. 

City don't play two banks of four and keep the pitch narrow like championship teams do when we visit.

Of the last four games two of them were at home and one was Brentford.

@spiritofteeside good point on the goalscorers

@ trapper not panicking but you hear people talk about Watford beating them 7-2 and Bournemouth beating them 6 -1 and expect us to walk it. I don't think we are that kind of team but I think we will win.

Sorry, I meant our last 4 away games in all competitions. But yeah, City is a completely different set up to that of Blackpool. Agree that we have to be patient in this one

We seem to struggle to break teams down who pack themselves behind the ball, we operate far better as a counter attacking unit. Banana skin fixture for me but obviously looking for a win at the minimum. Any score will do and no injuries on the pitch of death

Any win will do me, pitch might be difficult be we have far more quality than they have, that's why they are bottom of the League, lets not forget that.

Kike to start and score, his physical presence upfront will be useful tonight, Ayala and Kalas defensively,best part of the pitch will be the wings so need to utilize the full backs well.

I'd start Tomlin as well but rest Adomah and Clayton, possibly 4-5 changes tonight.

Blackpool have signed Gary Madine on loan from Sheffield Wednesday, available for tonight. We all know what that means...

Nailed on to score!

That pretty much guarantees Big Dani to start. He can handle him.