Boro Vs Blackpool (Away) 2-1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

It was as tight and as nervy as I'd expected and I'm delighted we got the three points. Karanka really put his neck on the line tonight and it just about paid off. I know I said it the other day but we need to stop winning ugly if we are to stay on top but I'll leave that for another night.

Tonight we are top by a point and have our destiny in our own hands.

Now we are top the mentality changes no longer are we chasing but now chased.

Former Real Madrid defender Aitor Karanka took charge of the North East side in November and has overseen a 10-game unbeaten run' date=' winning six. [/quote']

Auntie has something new to teach us every day.

Just home!

Read through the forum and it was pretty much the same as being at the game!

The hope at the beginning, then the frustration, then the air of an inevitable 0-0, then up steps Woody, then deflation, then KIKEMANIA!!!

A few points:

- Grey old day by the coast, was hoping some football would liven things up, but boy did we have to wait!

- No pictures of Bloomfield Road do justice to how rubbish that pitch is. They had blokes with forks at half time just walking around and poking at lumps of mud. Unbelievable.

- The ref was the worst I've seen this season, Adomah could have been shot and wouldn't have had a free kick. Really inconsistent and just didn't seem like he could be ***d running a lot of the time.

- Had a chat with OneBoro's own Red Rocket just before kick off, which was nice :)

Dimi - 7. Didn't have a lot to do. Did he not shout for the Blackpool goal? Got his hands on every cross except that one though.

Kalas - 8. Solid. Will probably play instead of Ayala if his injury is serious, and I'm okay with that. Good long throws too.

Woodgate - 9. MOTM. Considering how long he's been out, I thought he was brilliant. Even before he powered in the strongest header I've ever seen, he just seemed to be under everything. He was Mowbray's main man at the back, and this was a Mowbray sort of team performance tonight (the Jekyll part that battled to the top in 2013, not the Hyde side that turned up in January) . Probably only touched the ball with his feet about 10 times, but his heading was superb.

Ayala - 8. Didn't look worried, was shouting out instructions as well, which I liked. Shame to see him go off.

Adomah - 6. Not his best game, but got up and down the wing well. Crossing was off, and was probably the biggest victim of the state of the pitch.

Reach - 4. Dear me, he was poor. The pitch again can be to blame for some of it, but his decisions were all wrong. Tony McMahon looked like a world beater every time they came up against each other. I like Reach, but he will want to forget tonight.

Whitehead - 6. Poor Deano. Did his shielding job well, but his passes didn't really come off, so he ended up just not risking them and finding the nearest shirt.

Forshaw - 6. Had a decent game in spells, chased the ball well, but isn't in the rhythm yet, tried and failed to link up with Adomah 3 or 4 times.

Clayton - 7. We're a better side when he's playing a bit further back, and we did start to perform better when Deano went off and he dropped a bit more. Should have shot on at least 2 occasions.

Vossen - 6. Feeding off scraps. Chased a few long balls that, on another day, he'd have got to first.

Kike - 8. Held the ball up really well. Had an important job to do tonight, had to try to be on the end of every long ball, and made a decent fist of it. Took his goal well.

SUBS:

Gibson - 7. Aside from the own goal, which seemed really out of character for the defence as a whole, looked a bit panicked. Was being pulled all over by Madine, which our match officials failed to see.

Leadbitter - 8. Was playing a bit further forward than usual, and looked very good. His corners are starting to provide goals too.

Tomlin - 8. Added that little touch of class. The ball in for Kike was sublime.

BORO - 6. Two ways of looking at tonight:

GLASS HALF EMPTY: The formation didn't work, the lack of full backs on the bench didn't allow for a change in formation. We scraped through when other teams have gone there and bagged at hatful.

GLASS HALF FULL: The pitch was nowhere near that bad when other teams have played there, they have a bit of confidence after winning a few recently, and it was a bad time to play them. We changed it round and we won, gave a few key players a rest, and ground out a result that 'typical Boro' would never have done.

The three points are valuable given that the other teams around us have won, and the ball is now in our court.

UP THE BLOODY BORO!

Just back from the game, poor performance but our most important win of the season IMO. Pitch made it like a sunday league game, no picture can do justice for how bad it actually was, feel sorry for any Blackpool fan having to watch that football every week. Looked solid throughout just struggled to create anything. Was so pleased to see Woodgate score. Cant really fault anyone apart from Reach who was really poor tonight.

Also are those who were massively criticising Kike a few weeks ago feeling pretty daft yet? Quality yet again tonight

Just back from the game, poor performance but our most important win of the season IMO. Pitch made it like a sunday league game, no picture can do justice for how bad it actually was, feel sorry for any Blackpool fan having to watch that football every week. Looked solid throughout just struggled to create anything. Was so pleased to see Woodgate score. Cant really fault anyone apart from Reach who was really poor tonight.

Also are those who were massively criticising Kike a few weeks ago feeling pretty daft yet? Quality yet again tonight

Do you feel daft for criticising Tomlin? 

Happy we won. 

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/picture-gallery-boro-fans-stand-8620380

Amazing 1700+ Boro fans at the game well done all and if you scroll through the picture gallery you will find our very own Red Rocket holding onto a warm cup of coffee wearing her famous blue glasses!

Well done Jen and also to BoroTom and James