Boro Vs Blackpool (Away) 2-1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Can I give a massive thank you for everyone who has contributed to the thread and especially last night!

We had over 250+ semi active viewers on line and over 70 signed in members during most of the game.

The post count probably would have been a lot higher had the forum not imploded which was a pity as it took away some of the excitement in the last crazy minutes and I have asked rob if anything can be done to stop this from happening again.

Well done again to CBB for his continuing run he certainly goes into the record books!

Oh and if anyone predicted the correct score and first Boro scorer please let me know though I guess the timing was not anticipated (in the event of a tie)

Actually I do not think we have a winner for the Brucie bonus but if so please refer to original post number

For anyone who has any niggling doubts about last night's game, just think "Would I have taken a scrappy 1-0 before kick off?"

Then replace 1-0 with 2-1 :D

There was only one disappointment from last night and that was the injury to Ayala, Hopefully he is ok and the players were instructed before the game if you have any niggles on that pitch come straight off its not worth the risk...

We won all 3 points and that's what matters.. It was always going to be a scrappy game, We showed versatility and that is a plus..

UTB.

I predicted a 2-0 with Woody scoring the second.. Close but no cigar..

Thought Bamford would have come off the bench after a poor first half and get one after 63 mins

At least I got our number of goals right and one of our scorers

I had a strong feeling yesterday we had to win this match while listening to Boro + (for obvious reasons).

0-0 I cannot listen anymore, I cut Boro + , but  can't help  myself to log in again and listen. I had miss Woodgate goal. Then the own goal! I cut Boro +. Again I log in and I missed Kike goal.

Huge win. UTB!

Must admit the longer the game went on the less likely I could see us winning, thought typical Boro, chance to go top and blow it.

BUT that's the old Boro, welcome the new Boro, fight to the end, win when not playing well, tough, hard working with no half measure of skill.

Shouldn't have doubted but did - Karanka is a master tactitian, roll on Birmingham (***nal is just a game in the way for me), lets get some of the Sky monies and make Boro one of the top 30 richest clubs in World football.

Just back from the game, poor performance but our most important win of the season IMO. Pitch made it like a sunday league game, no picture can do justice for how bad it actually was, feel sorry for any Blackpool fan having to watch that football every week. Looked solid throughout just struggled to create anything. Was so pleased to see Woodgate score. Cant really fault anyone apart from Reach who was really poor tonight.

Also are those who were massively criticising Kike a few weeks ago feeling pretty daft yet? Quality yet again tonight

Do you feel daft for criticising Tomlin? 

Happy we won. 

Dont remember criticising Tomlin

he made a huge difference last night too, great to see him in this sort of form

Excellent win under the circumstances. The pitch is one hell of a leveler and was never gone allow us to get any real control of the game and make this an easy match. Add to that Blackpool are fighting for their lives and we made several changes, then this was brilliant win and indeed had real potential to be a banana skin.

So please Kike got his goal he has deserved it, he has worked his socks off, got in good positions but his luck wasn't with him and also it got Gibson out of the ****

1 Middlesbr 30 30 59

2 Bournemo 30 33 58

--------------------------------------

3 Derby 30 28 58

4 Watford 30 26 53

5 Ipswich 30 19 53

6 Brentford 30 7 52

--------------------------------------

7 Wolves 30 -1 49

8 Norwich 30 18 48

my predicted table after tuesdays fixtures from the charlton thread, i got most points totals right. brentford watford derby and bournemuth results correctly predicted. oh and boro of course lol. i'm good me like :)