oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Arsenal (A) (FA Cup) 0-2

Well well well what a time to be a Boro fan right now! Confidence is so high in the Boro camp and a***st the spectators that there is no reason why we can't go to ***nal and get a result. Fully expect us to give ***nal a good game and I'd love it if we beat them, love it, just so we can put piers morgan in his place :P

This is about equal to the main reason I want to win :)

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Probably the most "realistic" opposition board i have been on in a while. Everyone on there seems to rate us, and is very aware of how poorly they are playing at the moment. They realise they're in for a game on Sunday....

Agreed HB very steady forum members it would seem though you simply have to look at their preferred starting 11 and realise just what a job Boro will have to do to win, probably even harder than the Man City game to a degree

Agreed HB very steady forum members it would seem though you simply have to look at their preferred starting 11 and realise just what a job Boro will have to do to win, probably even harder than the Man City game to a degree

Not really. With Sanchez out City lined up with better players all around.

Not really. With Sanchez out City lined up with better players all around.

I disagree about that a bit.  I think ***nal are the tougher of the two games as I would say that their style of play is more suited to taking apart weaker opposition in my opinion.  City are heavily reliant on a few players - Toure, Silva and Aguero - and if they have off days, they aren't available or you stop them then you can stop Man City as we saw.  ***nal can attack you from anywhere so they are tougher for lesser teams to deal with perhaps.  If we were somehow able to win this one then it would be an even greater achievement than the win in the last round.

Don't know about that. ***nal are also relient on certain players turning up. I think all that "***nal are able to take teams apart" is a romantic thought that has roots in their recent history. They aren't all that anymore and even their own fans are saying they are poor this season. They are currently 5th in the Prem and have only won 50 % of their games. City is a much better team with better individual players in most positions.

Shame no kalas or Ayala . I think I would have played Kalas at RB Aswell . As he is more a defender than someone who bombs on like fredericks and I think that would be what we needed. But Ryan will play and I think he will be great really impressed by him.

Being without them both is obviously a blow. I think Omeruo will play, with Kalas coming back in for the league games. Of course, I was as impressed as anybody by Woodgate at Blackpool, but I think he'll be on the bench for the next few games. We also have Nsue back. I don't think he'll start this weekend, but given Fredericks only just being recovered, and Kalas out, he might pop up on the bench.