Boro Vs Arsenal (A) (FA Cup) 0-2

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Well beaten my a much better side, Wenger payed us the biggest compliment by fielding all his big guns and the difference in class was vast, we didn't close them down and they toyed with us, when the 2nd one went in I was fearful of a battering, but credit to the lads they kept going, didn't moan or get petulant and as ***nal eased off we came more into the game, would have loved Kike's header to have gone in for his confidence, There's not many teams that can stop ***nal when they play like that, pluses from the game, Mejieas, Fredericks & Reach, Thankfully Birmingham aren't an ***nal so I'm sure Karanka will take the positives from today's experience and prepare the team for Wendesday, A great credit also has to go to our support, you only heard the Boro faithful chanting on TV, UTB

We were disappointing today - thoroughly outclassed by a team that moved the ball far quicker than us. Their movement on and off the ball was excellent and we looked nervous in possession in attacking areas, culminating in the very little threat we offered. I hope the chasing shadows has not tired us out for what is a much bigger game against Birmingham. One thing is for sure, we will need to offer far more attacking threat at St. Andrews.

Well played to Mejias, who i thought had a good game - clearly starting to regain confidence.

I'll be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. We were poor today and could easily have lost by 4-5-6. ***nal were superb on the attack and we just couldn't deal with their passing and moving (I'll give you that CT). When we had the ball we were slow and had no imagination which left tomlin, kike and bamford without a chance.

By the powers of the footballing gods we were sent home with our honor intact and we can now look forward to staging a promotion assault. The lads must be buzzing to make things right against Birmingham and Leeds when we are on the Telly again.

Onwards and upwards.

This result will be forgotten with 3 points on Wednesday. Let's get one of the auto spots and get revenge on ***nal not season.

There is so much I could say but, in brief, we were outclassed by a team and at a ground where far better teams than us have also been outclassed. 1 defeat in 40 FA cup home ties is no average stat. The league is and always will be priority.

Well said!

*** they are good.  Corzol ozil and sanchez are just so quick.  The ball is never still for a second.

Agreed... But its very simple, Pass and move at a fast pace...........  It happens in the premier league with the bottom half teams were they pass the ball but don't move after the pass...... Its all about pass and move, Its a joy to watch when it works.

Been said by others but well beaten by a very good team. They would have beaten most teams today so no shame and one or two positives. Meijas was very good and that save from Sanchez was fantastic ( I am convinced he will be our keeper in the Prem). Reach looked decent when he came on and we didn't throw in the towel

Negatives were that a few looked out of sorts . George, Albert , Leadbitter , Tomlin , Bamford and Clayton., and 2-0 flattered us but all in all it would be kneejerk in the extreme to write off any of them for the prem (as yes that is where we are going)

The cliche of concentrating on promotion is one we have to buy in now and Brum really is now the biggest game of the season

Meijas getting a lot of plaudits, I think he made some good saves but could've done better on both their goals.

I don't know, the way he fell and the ball went through his hands annoyed me, I'll have to see it again.

Meijas getting a lot of plaudits, I think he made some good saves but could've done better on both their goals.

I don't know, the way he fell and the ball went through his hands annoyed me, I'll have to see it again.

The first one I think would be harsh, it came at him quickly, slightly to far to comfortably get a foot on yet to close to his body to comfortably reach with a hand.

The second one is more questionable. Whether he wasn't expecting the volley to rise like it did, I'm not sure, but he definitely does appear to lower himself a little to early. However got to remember that none of the Boro team looked like they were expecting ***nal to take that corner, maybe he was just surprised and had to try and react quickly and made the wrong choice.

That doesn't change the fact that he made two absolute world class saves from point blank chances, made two more "flashy" saves AND most importantly he DIDN'T PUNCH THE BALL ONCE. He also seemed to be way more vocal and have a great command of his area today.

He was easily my MotM today.

A bit harsh on Mejias there... I wouldn't blame him one bit for either goal...

1st goal, It was that close in it would of had to practically hit him for him to save it.

2nd goal, Our defenders were asleep... No blame on Mejias for that one either.