oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Arsenal (A) (FA Cup) 0-2

Happy for tomas Mejias another solid performance which will do him the world of good, other than that not a lot to say. Just disappointed that we conceded to preventable goals :(

Definitely. I think we can all breath easy knowing that if Dimi does get a knock we do have another very able keeper :)

Mejias is a shot-stopper [and pulled off some good saves today], but Dimi commands his area and collects crosses, which the Spanish keeper is incapable of doing [well]

Except I'm not convinced by that anymore.

There was 3 or 4 times today when the ball came into the box and you could HEAR HIS CALL through the tv. 

Exactly our players were clearly ducking out of the way as they received a good solid shout from him. Every time I see him he has improved another aspect of his game, I think he is benefiting from the coaching he is receiving and making a conscious effort to correct his shortcomings.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I still think that Meijas has a way to go before he takes Dimi's role. One thing I would say and I don't know if I am nitpicking but when Meijas makes a save, sometimes he puts it right back into the danger area instead of putting it out for a corner or tipping it away

I still think that Meijas has a way to go before he takes Dimi's role. One thing I would say and I don't know if I am nitpicking but when Meijas makes a save, sometimes he puts it right back into the danger area instead of putting it out for a corner or tipping it away

This game he put the balls out wide. Several times for a corner. Sometimes a shot can come in so hard and direct that all the keeper can do is parry it, and then it's the defenders job to have the strikers covered.

Happy for tomas Mejias another solid performance which will do him the world of good, other than that not a lot to say. Just disappointed that we conceded to preventable goals :(

Definitely. I think we can all breath easy knowing that if Dimi does get a knock we do have another very able keeper :)

Mejias is a shot-stopper [and pulled off some good saves today], but Dimi commands his area and collects crosses, which the Spanish keeper is incapable of doing [well]

Except I'm not convinced by that anymore.

There was 3 or 4 times today when the ball came into the box and you could HEAR HIS CALL through the tv. 

I was sat above the Boro fans in the "Club" seats and after his first 2 saves, the Gooners around were saying how good he loocked and i said "Just wait, he doesn't command, catch etc etc.." Made me look a complete fool, they were all applauding him in the second half. Have to agree that he was utterly convincing in taking crosses and excellent off his line.

The away support was once again outstanding, again all the Arenal fans were loving the "left side, Right Side" chant. Shame about the overall performace, second half was a little better, as a gooner said to me at the end "Never mind, see you here again next year in the league", amen to that.

His save against Sanchez' header was expertly tippe around the corner. He's nowhere near the finished article but if Dimi got injured against Birmingham I'd nowhere near crap my self as I would've done this time 6 weeks ago

His save against Sanchez' header was expertly tippe around the corner. He's nowhere near the finished article but if Dimi got injured against Birmingham I'd nowhere near crap my self as I would've done this time 6 weeks ago

my thoughts  exactly...apart from the sheer joy of the city win .the two biggest things to come out this cup run  have been  the financial  influx from the last two ties and the regained belief in Mejias 

Been said by others but well beaten by a very good team. They would have beaten most teams today so no shame and one or two positives. Meijas was very good and that save from Sanchez was fantastic ( I am convinced he will be our keeper in the Prem). Reach looked decent when he came on and we didn't throw in the towel

Negatives were that a few looked out of sorts . George, Albert , Leadbitter , Tomlin , Bamford and Clayton., and 2-0 flattered us but all in all it would be kneejerk in the extreme to write off any of them for the prem (as yes that is where we are going)

The cliche of concentrating on promotion is one we have to buy in now and Brum really is now the biggest game of the season

I thought leadbitter was one of the plus points , considering the rest were so poor i thought he played quite well. But apart from him reach vossen mejias i dont think anyone played that well. The defence did what they could but those in front of them were second to everything. But im not supprised when you see how well they played

Been said by others but well beaten by a very good team. They would have beaten most teams today so no shame and one or two positives. Meijas was very good and that save from Sanchez was fantastic ( I am convinced he will be our keeper in the Prem). Reach looked decent when he came on and we didn't throw in the towel

Negatives were that a few looked out of sorts . George, Albert , Leadbitter , Tomlin , Bamford and Clayton., and 2-0 flattered us but all in all it would be kneejerk in the extreme to write off any of them for the prem (as yes that is where we are going)  

The cliche of concentrating on promotion is one we have to buy in now and Brum really is now the biggest game of the season

I thought leadbitter was one of the plus points ,  considering the rest were so poor i thought he played quite well. But apart from him reach vossen  mejias i dont think anyone played that well. The defence did what they could but those in front of them were second to everything.  But im not supprised when you see how well they played

I think ***nal would of hammered most premier league teams playing like that yesterday, They were bang on form...... Our players should of learned a lot from the game and should improve for the experience.

***nal would have probably given Real Madrid a great game playing like they did yesterday.

We've got nothing to be ashamed of, we were beaten by a much much better team on the day. I don't agree with the media saying it's the level of competition we should be expecting if we get promoted though, there's lots of teams in the premier league that Boro are better than.

Real Madrid would have beaten ***nal yesterday, as would Bayern or Barca. ***nal walked all over us in the first half because of our complete inability to pass the ball even reasonably well. It just became one way traffic and eventually we buckled and broke. Good teams would have had far more of the ball and ***nal wouldn't have been able to do the same to them. ***nal are a very good side and they played well yesterday without question but part of that was our own fault I'm afraid.

***nal walked all over us in the first half because of our complete inability to pass the ball even reasonably well. It just became one way traffic and eventually we buckled and broke. Good teams would have had far more of the ball and ***nal wouldn't have been able to do the same to them. ***nal are a very good side and they played well yesterday without question but part of that was our own fault I'm afraid.

Agree with all of this ^^

***nal would have probably given Real Madrid a great game playing like they did yesterday.

We've got nothing to be ashamed of, we were beaten by a much much better team on the day. I don't agree with the media saying it's the level of competition we should be expecting if we get promoted though, there's lots of teams in the premier league that Boro are better than.

While I'm not sure that there are lot's of teams in the Prem that were are better than, teams like ***nal, Chelsea and City certainly aren't the teams we should be relying to take points from. It's the other promoted teams and the usual relegation candidates we must take points from.