Boro Vs Arsenal (A) (FA Cup) 0-2

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

***nal were great yesterday . And they are the best football team in the country on there day they keep the ball like no one else . But they have to many off days and get bullied about abit against the rough sides and they are one of these teams that if they are not playing at there best they don't always seem to get results as we seen United do for so many years .

Yesterday they were at it . And we could do nothing about it . Great great side. Nothing to be ashamed off .

Real Madrid would have beaten ***nal yesterday, as would Bayern or Barca. ***nal walked all over us in the first half because of our complete inability to pass the ball even reasonably well. It just became one way traffic and eventually we buckled and broke. Good teams would have had far more of the ball and ***nal wouldn't have been able to do the same to them. ***nal are a very good side and they played well yesterday without question but part of that was our own fault I'm afraid.

You really do like disagreeing with people don't you?

Real Madrid would have beaten ***nal yesterday, as would Bayern or Barca.  ***nal walked all over us in the first half because of our complete inability to pass the ball even reasonably well.  It just became one way traffic and eventually we buckled and broke.  Good teams would have had far more of the ball and ***nal wouldn't have been able to do the same to them.  ***nal are a very good side and they played well yesterday without question but part of that was our own fault I'm afraid.

You really do like disagreeing with people don't you?

Eh?  You have a different opinion to me so does that mean that you like disagreeing with people as well?  Jesus.

If you don't want people to disagree with something you say then start your own forum up, make yourself the only member and then you'll never be disappointed.* Failing that you're going to have to accept that on a forum with lots of other people, some of them will disagree with you sometimes. It never seems to occur to people who moan about this that by extension they are also disagreeing with that person as well. It's always just one way isn't it.

*unless you're schizophrenic in which case you'll all just have to try and find a way to get along.

As someone who rarely posts but regularly reads, who can therefore be more objective about different people's posting habits, it does seem that your opinion CT is usually the opposite of the forum's. Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I don't, but I think what you write is always well written and you explain your position well.

That being said, I can see why people might think you often take the opposite opinion to the forum just for the sake of it. Not saying you are, just saying I can see why that opinion is formed.

Without wanting to run the risk of disagreeing with you thus proving your point, can it be said that the forum ever has one point of view on any subject?  

My post on here which seems to have been an issue had a reply to it which said 'agree with all of this' from UweFuchsHe.  So I'm obviously not alone in my view on that particular subject but I'm the one getting grief for actually saying it as though I'm saying it to argumentative rather than because it just happens to be what I believe. 

I can't recall many posts I've made where everybody else has disagreed with it, that's not to say that nobody has disagreed with it, just that it's not the total forum versus me when I post.  I think people tend to notice people that disagree with them far more than they notice those that agree with them but I do agree with people on here and I say so when I do.

If you don't want people to disagree with something you say then start your own forum up, make yourself the only member and then you'll never be disappointed.* Failing that you're going to have to accept that on a forum with lots of other people, some of them will disagree with you sometimes. It never seems to occur to people who moan about this that by extension they are also disagreeing with that person as well. It's always just one way isn't it.

*unless you're schizophrenic in which case you'll all just have to try and find a way to get along.

I know how society works, so don't be a condescending p**ck. I've seen many posts from you where you seem to take the opposite view to the majority and it comes across as antagonistic as opposed to insightful.

We'd have probably played Man United away in the next round, which doesn't really soften the blow, but certainly makes the cup dream a little less likely.

...unless Preston win this.

Well I'm shattered after yesterday. Had a great day out and after visiting Blackpool and ***nal in a week, I know what grounds I want to visit next season. :D

The first half we shot ourselves in the foot. We gave them too much space and time, sat far too deep and that was never going to work against a team like ***nal. The second goal killed us and we did well to keep it at 2-0. I thought we were much better in the second half but it was never looked like really troubling them. A few good chances at the end, would have been nice to get a goal but it wasn't to be.

A few good things came out of the game. Tomas Mejias is starting to look like a good little keeper. His command of his area was great yesterday. We know he's a good shot stopper but he's clearly been working his socks off behind the scenes at his faults. Easily MOTM for us and I'm really happy with how he's progressing. I wouldn't complain about him being in goal in the league if Dimi was unavailable.

It was a good footballing lesson for us. We showed far too much respect and were punished for it. We can compete in the Premier League (I believe) but it shows we have a lot of work to do. Karanka will no doubt change his tactics the next time we play someone of ***nal's caliber.

I was disappointed we didn't play to our best in the first half but I'm proud of what we have accomplished this season, league and cup. I hope we bounce back in the league on Wed, that's the most important thing right now.

I know how society works, so don't be a condescending p**ck. I've seen many posts from you where you seem to take the opposite view to the majority and it comes across as antagonistic as opposed to insightful.

So stop having a hissy fit then just because someone disagrees with something you've said. People disagree with things I say on here but I don't feel the need to have a strop about it like some kid.  I couldn't care less if that comes across as condescending, I'm sick of people have a dig at me just because I don't happen to share their opinion.  I don't do the same to other people so I fail to see why I should accept it from anyone else.

As you're the second person to come out with this type of comment, I'd love to know what the view of the majority is or why that view is somehow more valid than the minority?  I think a few people on here want a place where everyone has the same point of view and agrees with whatever else is said. Today I have agreed and disagreed with posts and said so.  There were also some posts I agreed and disagreed with where I didn't bother replying because I didn't think my posts would have added much to the discussion.

I honestly think if you don't have the 'Boro are brill' point of view on here that you get marked one way or another.  It doesn't matter what you actually say or how articulate and reasoned you come across, you're obviously against the majority.  It's just a little ridiculous.