oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Arsenal (A) (FA Cup) 0-2

Interest how mejias has gone from 'should be loaned out to league 1' to starting in the prem in a couple of games.

Fans got on his back (mainly due to the fact that his second name wasn't Steele) after two poor performances and criticsed him for the same things they praised Steele for.

If you take a look back at this forum there was wide spread condemnation of the signing of Dimi and even people saying that Steele would go to the last world cup.

Its probably a good job that this forum isn't scouting keepers. With mejias let's not get carried away he's played what about 10 games for us, its far too early to tell what kind of keeper he is going to be. The ***nal game was encouraging as far as his development but its one game.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I know how society works, so don't be a condescending p**ck. I've seen many posts from you where you seem to take the opposite view to the majority and it comes across as antagonistic as opposed to insightful.

So stop having a hissy fit then just because someone disagrees with something you've said. People disagree with things I say on here but I don't feel the need to have a strop about it like some kid.  I couldn't care less if that comes across as condescending, I'm sick of people have a dig at me just because I don't happen to share their opinion.  I don't do the same to other people so I fail to see why I should accept it from anyone else.

As you're the second person to come out with this type of comment, I'd love to know what the view of the majority is or why that view is somehow more valid than the minority?  I think a few people on here want a place where everyone has the same point of view and agrees with whatever else is said. Today I have agreed and disagreed with posts and said so.  There were also some posts I agreed and disagreed with where I didn't bother replying because I didn't think my posts would have added much to the discussion.

I honestly think if you don't have the 'Boro are brill' point of view on here that you get marked one way or another.  It doesn't matter what you actually say or how articulate and reasoned you come across, you're obviously against the majority.  It's just a little ridiculous.

In fairness, if a discussion starts up and someone has one point of view, I can safely assume you'll respond within 5 posts arguing the other way.

Doesn't seem to matter what the discussion is, you do always seem to think the contrary. 

I don't care about people agreeing or disagreeing, just noting that you always appear involved somehow disputing whatever the original point was.

Interest how mejias has gone from 'should be loaned out to league 1' to starting in the prem in a couple of games.

Fans got on his back (mainly due to the fact that his second name wasn't Steele) after two poor performances and criticsed him for the same things they praised Steele for.

If you take a look back at this forum there was wide spread condemnation of the signing of Dimi and even people saying that Steele would go to the last world cup.

Its probably a good job that this forum isn't scouting keepers. With mejias let's not get carried away he's played what about 10 games for us, its far too early to tell what kind of keeper he is going to be. The ***nal game was encouraging as far as his development but its one game.

I don't really see many people saying that he should start, just that he's improved a great deal since the start of the season. It's not one game, it's all the cup games. I felt uncomfortable with the way he was treated by fans at the start of the season. I just feel that he's worked hard at his faults and he's done well recently when called upon. He's a future prospect rather than being ready right now, but I'm happy with his progress.

I know how society works, so don't be a condescending p**ck. I've seen many posts from you where you seem to take the opposite view to the majority and it comes across as antagonistic as opposed to insightful.

So stop having a hissy fit then just because someone disagrees with something you've said. People disagree with things I say on here but I don't feel the need to have a strop about it like some kid.  I couldn't care less if that comes across as condescending, I'm sick of people have a dig at me just because I don't happen to share their opinion.  I don't do the same to other people so I fail to see why I should accept it from anyone else.

As you're the second person to come out with this type of comment, I'd love to know what the view of the majority is or why that view is somehow more valid than the minority?  I think a few people on here want a place where everyone has the same point of view and agrees with whatever else is said. Today I have agreed and disagreed with posts and said so.  There were also some posts I agreed and disagreed with where I didn't bother replying because I didn't think my posts would have added much to the discussion.

I honestly think if you don't have the 'Boro are brill' point of view on here that you get marked one way or another.  It doesn't matter what you actually say or how articulate and reasoned you come across, you're obviously against the majority.  It's just a little ridiculous.

In fairness, if a discussion starts up and someone has one point of view, I can safely assume you'll respond within 5 posts arguing the other way.

Doesn't seem to matter what the discussion is, you do always seem to think the contrary. 

I don't care about people agreeing or disagreeing, just noting that you always appear involved somehow disputing whatever the original point was.

Pretty much what I wanted to say but couldn't at the time as I was too annoyed!

In fairness, ive seen ct agree with people on a regular basis, its just these posts tend to stand out less due to him not having to explain his point of view (which makes sense as it has just been said). When he disagrees he puts forward a lengthy argument as to why so these get picked on more often than the posts that are in agreement with whatevers being discussed.

Ive never had any sense from him that he does it just to be contrary, and certainly never seen him trying to intentionally wind anyone up, so can we leave it at that please gents?

In fairness, ive seen ct agree with people on a regular basis, its just these posts tend to stand out less due to him not having to explain his point of view (which makes sense as it has just been said). When he disagrees he puts forward a lengthy argument as to why so these get picked on more often than the posts that are in agreement with whatevers being discussed.

Ive never had any sense from him that he does it just to be contrary, and certainly never seen him trying to intentionally wind anyone up, so can we leave it at that please gents?

I think its more the £#@%ish manner he does it in

Theres an ignore button for a reason guys. If you dont like how someone posts, use it. If you have an issue, pm them in a constructive, non abusive way. No one wants to read this crap on a match day thread.

Last im saying on the matter and if the thread continues down this path, posts will be deleted.

Cheers!

With respect that's just not true.  If the search facility on the forum worked you could put my name in and see that I don't even post on the majority of threads on here.  Plenty of them have discussions taking place in them but I don't get involved at all because I either don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, the subject doesn't interest me or I don't feel I can add anything to it.

I still don't get how I can think the contrary to a whole group of people unless you're saying they all have the same views?  When we disagreed about Tomlin, do you think I was doing it to be argumentative or because I believed it to be true?  Was I supposed to assume that you were taking a different point of view to me because you were being argumentative?

I've posted on 5 or 6 threads today and the only issue I had was on here and that was for saying that ***nal maybe weren't as good as dell_zincht thought and that we were the cause of some of our own problems, which is incidentally what Red Rocket posted just now in her match review. Perhaps my issue is that I tend to respond to something that someone else has said rather than simply making stand alone posts on a subject. I think I now realise why dell_zincht went off on one because I posted something in another thread today which also disagreed with something he'd said there - until I just read it now mate I had no idea that was you I was replying to so if you thought I'd disagreed with you twice on purpose then that's not the case, it was just coincidence.  However, I do disagree with you on both points and that has nothing to do with looking for an argument.

I think its more the £#@%ish manner he does it in

A few days ago you were saying I made a great post about something!  

I never get abusive with people, I never make it personal and I always try and fully explain my point of view so that people know why I think what I think.  That's more than some people can say. 

This is a forum where every man and his dog is free to express his opinions about any and all things Boro related. If opinions are warmly received by the majority of the members then that's good. If opinions aren't well-received in certain quarters then that's good, too. If opinions attract howls of protest from a majority of members then that's also good. In short, all shades of opinion are good, good, GOOD!

However, opinions about the validity of someone's else's opinions are bad, bad, BAD!

That's just my opinion, of course.

This is a forum where every man and his dog is free to express his opinions about any and all things Boro related. If opinions are warmly received by the majority of the members then that's good. If opinions aren't well-received in certain quarters then that's good, too. If opinions attract howls of protest from a majority of members then that's also good. In short, all shades of opinion are good, good, GOOD!

You could say it's like 50 shades of opinion...

I'll get my coat...