oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Arsenal (A) (FA Cup) 0-2

Don't know about that. ***nal are also relient on certain players turning up. I think all that "***nal are able to take teams apart" is a romantic thought that has roots in their recent history. They aren't all that anymore and even their own fans are saying they are poor this season. They are currently 5th in the Prem and have only won 50 % of their games. City is a much better team with better individual players in most positions.

And yet ***nal beat them just a couple of weeks ago.  I think ***nal have a softer centre and aren't as good defensively as Man City but in attacking terms they are the equal of them.  Man City certainly have the best individuals defensively but I'd say the attacking groups are equal, especially if you also consider that Man City didn't have Toure and Nasri available to them when we played each other.  

***nal will be a tougher game for us because of the way they move the ball around, which I'd say is more fluent than Man City who tend to rely on individual bits of play more often.  Once we'd been able to shut Aguero and Silva out of the game then they had next to nothing to come at us with and they quickly ran out of ideas.  ***nal have been a bit reliant on Sanchez for the finishing touch at times this season but their build up play goes through everyone so it's harder to stop for lesser teams as they can come at you from everywhere.  Where we have a chance is in their defensive weaknesses, which give us hope that we can hurt them.  These weaknesses aren't what you'd have expected from Man City but they were all over the place when we played against them.  A shambles really.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

***nal will be a tougher opposition  Because of what we achieved at Man City  the ..Taking us too lightly.. scenario shouldnt apply this time round   but they do have flaws in thier style of play  and if we play to the best of our ability and thier levels arent tip top were in with a chamce .

The team I'd like to see us put out

Mejias, Kalas, Woody/Omeruo, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Clayton, Adomah, Tomlin, Bamford, Vossen.

We could see another massive performance from Tomlin!

The team I'd like to see us put out

Mejias, Kalas, Woody/Omeruo, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Clayton, Adomah, Tomlin, Bamford, Vossen.

We could see another massive performance from Tomlin!

Kalas can't play due to the terms of his loan

This please:

-------------Mejias---------------

Freddy--Gibson-Kalas-Friend--

-------Leadboots---Clayton-----

BamBam----Tomlin----Reach--

-------------Vossen--------------

EDIT: Just seen that Kalas can't play. Omeruo starting it is!

This might sound rather petty, but it is a real pet hate of mine when people put players in the wrong position....i would greatly appreciate it if people stopped putting Gibson as the right sided CB.

-------------Gibson---------------

Gibson--NotGibson-Omeruo-Gibson--

-------Gibson---Gibson-----

Gibson----Gibson----Gibson--

-------------Gibson--------------

I wonder if Muzzy might get in the squad

I would of thought he might need about 5 games before getting on the bench but I think hes only played once in about a month of being available... Probably due to not wanting to risk him on some piches.. Ie rock hard ones.

This might sound rather petty, but it is a real pet hate of mine when people put players in the wrong position....i would greatly appreciate it if people stopped putting Gibson as the right sided CB.

I was going to say that :P

I was going to say that :P

Its a little bit petty but I agree :)

------------------Mejias-------------------

Freddy------Ken------Gibson----Friend

---------Clayton------Leadbitter--------

Bamford-------Tomlin----------Adomah

-----------------Vossen------------------

Why would Kalas not be allowed to play. The only reason i can think of is that Chelsea wouldn't want him cup tied but that don't effect them now does it??