oneBoro Forum

Boro V Birmingham City (A) 1-1

Really have no clue how this game is going to go! We have so much confidence right now with this run in the league, so we could quite easily give bham a right hiding. On the other hand, bham have obviously "started at the back" tightening things up and getting some draws and it's only a matter of time before they start improving infront of goal too. Really don't want to predict in this one. But I think a win adding to our impressive run really shows we are genuine auto promotion candidates.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems we stayed in London and have been using Chelsea's training ground. Good idea that.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough/11796890._/

Yep the EG suggested they might do that cuts down on the traveling

Boro website confirms they are in London http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/boro-birmingham-st-andrews-championship-adam-reach-2275812.aspx

To avoid excessive travelling, the squad are staying in London to train leading up to the Birmingham game.

Reach says a change of environment won’t make a difference Boro’s preparations given the close-knit camaraderie of the squad.

“The environment is different but all the lads are close and it doesn’t matter where we train – we’ll still work hard to prepare right for Birmingham,” said Reach.

“Every game is different so you do change your approach slightly. But at the end of the day, we always want to win so we prepare for that no matter if it’s ***nal, Birmingham or whoever. 

“We’re 100% concentrated on the Birmingham game. We need to prepare well and if we concentrate for the 90 minutes then our quality should come through.”

If the game against ***nal doesn't hinder our team with regards to fatigue Etc... I think we will win.. If we had of had a full week off before this game I would think this is a banker 3 points... Birmingham got beat at the weekend by Millwall who are abysmal.

Your comments are spot on NB and the Millwall result was unpredictable to say the least.

However we are there to be shot down now are we not? and St Andrews is not a happy hunting ground but clearly all the recent taboos have been undone by this current Boro regime.

Goodness it is so hard to call this time I wish I was going as I had originally intended too but my ribs are still far too painful to even think about travelling let alone jumping up and down should we score

Enough with the fatigue talk. We have a big squad and 74 hours should be enough. These are pro footballers for christ sake and none were injured at ***nal. It's not an excuse. I'd understand it if we had a small squad where the same 11 players started every game, but a lot of the players had 8 days rest prior to the ***nal game.

Enough with the fatigue talk. We have a big squad and 74 hours should be enough. These are pro footballers for christ sake and none were injured at ***nal. It's not an excuse. I'd understand it if we had a small squad where the same 11 players started every game, but a lot of the players had 8 days rest prior to the ***nal game.

I disagree with you there

The day after a game you are a bit tired. 48 hrs after you get the soreness the following day your ok but a bit heavy legged , and when the opposition are fully rested it can make a difference

I disagree with you there

The day after a game you are a bit tired. 48 hrs after you get the soreness the following day your ok but a bit heavy legged , and when the opposition are fully rested it can make a difference

Between the Birmingham and Leeds game fatigue will be a big issue... Our players will of played 63 hours ago and the Leeds players will of had a full week off.... That`s why I would make wholesale changes tomorrow against a mediocre at best Birmingham team and pick the strongest possible team against Leeds, It keeps all the players fresh and of-course ready to hammer Leeds.

I just think you are overdoing it a bit. With the right training, equipment, massage etc. a lot of that can be overcome. I wrote that we have a build a big squad and hence fatigue shouldn't be a big concern because we should have the personel to change things around and we are allowed three subs in a match! I agree that some players will probably feel it in their legs more than others, but due to our squad size it shouldn't be a problem.

Match fitness will no be a issue especially with the fact that we have Nsue available again and clearly tactical subs were made on Sunday with the Brum game in mind.

Foreshaw available also so players being too tired simply does not come into the equation and I thought players actually preferred to have games coming in thick and fast as the training takes care of itself to a degree