oneBoro Forum

Boro V Birmingham City (A) 1-1

I would start with this line up....

------------------------Dimi-----------------------------

--Kalas---Woodgate------Gibson---Husband------

-----------Whitehead------------Forshaw-------------

-Nsue----------------Tomlin-----------------Reach----

-----------------------Vossen------------------------------

That`s more than strong enough to beat Birmingham.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Birmingham's parent company have just gone into voluntary receivership.

Hopefully it will disrupt their preparations a bit.

Also just read that Chris Martin is out for 2 weeks (not the coldplay one)

Considering there are 4 or 5 games in that time it could hit Derby hard. Especially if Sherwood fancies taking Bent back.

UTB

Birmingham's parent company have just gone into voluntary receivership.

Hopefully it will disrupt their preparations a bit.

Also just read that Chris Martin is out for 2 weeks (not the coldplay one)

Considering there are 4 or 5 games in that time it could hit Derby hard. Especially if Sherwood fancies taking Bent back.

UTB

if i was Sherwood i'd have him back, hes the only Villa Striker scoring on a regular basis!!!! Derby would have a bit of an issue then wouldn't they? although saying that can they recall him at any point?

I don't think Sherwood can call Bent back outside the transfer window. That's a shame though because he has started like a house on fire at Derby.

@NB, I really don't like so many changes, but each to their own. Too many changes has a much bigger effect on the team than fatigue. I'll stick with changing Dimi, Forshaw, Reach and Vossen. Maybe Kalas in for either Fredericks or Omeruo depending on how they are feeling.

--Fredericks---Omeruo------Gibson---Husband------

-----------Leadbitter------------Forshaw-------------

-Bamford----------------Tomlin-----------------Reach----

I don't think Sherwood can call Bent back outside the transfer window. That's a shame though because he has started like a house on fire at Derby.

@NB, I really don't like so many changes, but each to their own. Too many changes has a much bigger effect on the team than fatigue. I'll stick with changing Dimi, Forshaw, Reach and Vossen. Maybe Kalas in for either Fredericks or Omeruo depending on how they are feeling.

--Fredericks---Omeruo------Gibson---Husband------

-----------Leadbitter------------Forshaw-------------

-Bamford----------------Tomlin-----------------Reach----

I agree, I don't like to many changes to the squad.. Its just because of how close the Birmingham and Leeds game is and Leeds having the full week of apposed to 63 hours... Maybe AK will just make a few changes for both games..... The luxury have having a big squad is you can make wholesale changes, I think its ok to do it once in a while... I know we did it at Blackpool but I think that was because of the pitch more than anything...

Actually with what everyone is concerned about I simply forgot about how much strength in depth we have now that names are being mentioned.

We are in a good situation and I think the ***nal result has put a slight dampness on what should still be a very encouraging run of results

Actually with what everyone is concerned about I simply forgot about how much strength in depth we have now that names are being mentioned.

We are in a good situation and I think the ***nal result has put a slight dampness on what should still be a very encouraging run of results

I agree, Just looking at who people would start with just shows how many options AK has to choose from.. Its exciting :)

There's no slight dampness  whatsoever :rolleyes: we've just won five league games on the trot  ☻

Playing Sunday/Wednesday is no different to Saturday/Tuesday and we do that often enough so that by itself shouldn't be a factor. Birmingham have had an extra day's rest but a day isn't that much really and you'd assume we'd be making some changes anyway. What might be a factor connected to that however is that Birmingham's games have both been at home and ours both away so they haven't had to travel and we obviously have.

Playing Sunday/Wednesday is no different to Saturday/Tuesday and we do that often enough so that by itself shouldn't be a factor. Birmingham have had an extra day's rest but a day isn't that much really and you'd assume we'd be making some changes anyway. What might be a factor connected to that however is that Birmingham's games have both been at home and ours both away so they haven't had to travel and we obviously have.

A day makes a big difference. After 3 days you still have fatigue after 4 you dont. It may not sound a lot but it does make a difference

Playing Sunday/Wednesday is no different to Saturday/Tuesday and we do that often enough so that by itself shouldn't be a factor.  Birmingham have had an extra day's rest but a day isn't that much really and you'd assume we'd be making some changes anyway.  What might be a factor connected to that however is that Birmingham's games have both been at home and ours both away so they haven't had to travel and we obviously have.

A day makes a big difference.  After 3 days you still have fatigue after 4 you dont.  It may not sound a lot but it does make a difference

My point was more that we're used to the time difference between games.  It's not something unusual for us as we do it often enough throughout the season.  The fact that we were chasing the ball quite a lot may make a difference of course but I'd expect a few changes for tomorrow personally. I think you can make a case for any one of Dimi, Kalas, Reach, Vossen, Nsue, Forshaw all getting in the side. Also Vossen and Bamford only played 50 odd mins each so they should be fine.  I really don't see tiredness/fatigue being an issue.  Of more concern to me is how we've been playing at times recently and the fact that before Saturday, Birmingham seem to have made themselves an awkward team to play against.  Not winning much but not losing much either.  It's a game we can win but as with Blackpool it's a game I could see us dropping points quite easily if we aren't careful.

I'd be pretty surprised if Kalas didn't start. He was solid at Blackpool and would back him against Zigic over Ken.

That will be fun to watch then as Zigic no longer plays for Birmingham :D

he just signed for them again