oneBoro Forum

Boro V Birmingham City (A) 1-1

One thing I will say, and not to be negative - but AK really needs to start getting this team going in the first half. We continuously have to step our game up considerably in the second half to gain the points, whereas if we were a goal or two up before Dimi got sent off we could have sat back, defended and hit them on the break. We can't go into the games coming up against the better teams relying on one half of good football.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

And we also need to be careful with Gibson. Two major errors in two league games now, in a young defender there's always the risk the head will drop. Possibly try playing Woody or Kalas against Leeds for me.

I feel confidant with Majias covering in goal now.... Before the Man City game I would of taken a point against most teams with him in goal.... But now I think we potentially have at least a good keeper in shape of Majias.... Fair play to the lad.

And we also need to be careful with Gibson. Two major errors in two league games now, in a young defender there's always the risk the head will drop. Possibly try playing Woody or Kalas against Leeds for me.

In most players I would agree but I think Gibson is different to most.. That said I wouldn't argue if he was dropped/ Rested for a couple of games.

One thing I will say, and not to be negative - but AK really needs to start getting this team going in the first half. We continuously have to step our game up considerably in the second half to gain the points, whereas if we were a goal or two up before Dimi got sent off we could have sat back, defended and hit them on the break. We can't go into the games coming up against the better teams relying on one half of good football.

It would be nice to come out and be ruthless in a first half and give us all an easy second half.

I am sure Dimi will be available against Leeds regardless as a straight red card takes 7 days to be processed to allow the club to lodge an appeal

I've never heard that before, I thought they just rushed through the appeal process in these situations?

I am sure Dimi will be available against Leeds regardless as a straight red card takes 7 days to be processed to allow the club to lodge an appeal

Its years ago since it was like that. Now it's automatically the next game.

An away draw against a mid-table team. Nothing wrong with that, even before you take into account the circumstances with which we earned it!

Another good day in my opinion.

Home vs Leeds, Bolton and Millwall, with away at Wednesday wedged in the middle. That's 4 games where I can see us picking up a lot more points.

Now we have the league lead, I think for now we'll be looking to extend it to 4+ points on third in that time period. And I think that's exactly what we'll do. Given the fixture list, I think we will start to edge away from Bournemouth with Derby staying in touch.

Interesting team... Is it just me or does it feel like we've not seen Nsue as an attacking force for a while, what with the ACON and playing fullback. Reckon he will be on the left side tonight.

A huge opportunity tonight to go 3 points clear, would be over the moon if we took it!

Still think 1-1 will be the score however.

Once again Pyro has the correct score, that is 2 games in a row now with the correct score #predictinggenius

To be fair pyro I predicted 1-1 on Monday :P

• Like 1

We might need to make a lot of changes for the Leeds game... Taking into account we play 63 hours after this game finished and Leeds had the week off, Also we were down to 10 men for 50+ mins and our boys ran there socks off..... I don't like a lot of changes from game to game but surly this is the time to use the full squad in a week.